How many episodes do you think a story should have?

Hello! Nice to meet everyone! Call me naynay6ful!
Feel free to put your story in the comments and I will happily read it!

My only question is how many episodes do you think a story should have? I’ve seen many stories that go to at least 100 episodes and I just see that as to worn out for me. My schedule is too busy to be able to read a 100 episodes with only 4 passes every 3 hours.

I decided to roughly allow for the story I am working on to have 10-14 episodes overall and that’s it. I was wondering if others found this to be a good number as well?

I believe it is but at the same time I believe that it would make the reader feel as though they don’t know what is really going on and jumping into a story. I just wanted to get the opinion of others.

Thanks!

-naynay6ful

3 Likes

I prefer stories I read to be over and done with within 20 episodes since I feel like they drag on too much once they go beyond that… But my story’s probably going to be double that so who am I to judge?

5 Likes

10-20 episodes but it kinda depends like a slow burner romance might be like 40 episodes.

What story has 100 episodes :fearful:

4 Likes

When it comes to my favourite stories, the ones that really got me invested in the characters, the shortest one I have is 35 episodes, the longest is 50.

It also depends on episode length, but all of those were about average length, 10-15 mins ish.

Then again, I’m very slow to bond to characters lol.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for responding :smile:. I definitely agree with you on that. I have read some that’s like 25 but that’s the furthest I’ll go as well. Some stories I feel drag on and become cringy for me.

2 Likes

Definitely! And yeah I guess I’m one to read horror stories on episode because the romance makes me sad lol. Makes me wish I had my own lover.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile: I think 50 is the longest of episodes I have read as well.

1 Like

Yeah haha, I think I’ve only once read a story longer than 50 episodes, I dropped it at about 60 lol. I’ve seen a few that are still going strong by the late 40’s, but it’s definitely a skill to keep the plot fresh for so long. There’s no way I could write one that long and not bore the heck out of everyone lmao.

2 Likes

25-30

It kind of depends on the story.

If I’m invested in it from the beginning, then I’ll read as many episodes as they come out.
But if I see a story that has 40+ episodes and I haven’t started reading… I might give it a miss.

If the story has very short episodes (5-10 mins), I’ll be more likely to read more chapters of it as they come out.

If the story has 3+ seasons, then I might give it a pass.

2 Likes

hey!! :blush::two_hearts:

10-14 episodes is a good amount since you will focus on the main parts of the story and won’t drag the story on. good luck in continuing writing your story :blush:

however, for me I like when the stories are around 20-30 episodes (if the story is really really good, I would also read more than 40 episodes). it always depends on the plot and if I made a connection to the main characters!

and this is my story if you are interested :blush::sparkling_heart:

it would mean the world to me if you could check out my story & share it, if you liked it :blush:

My story name: A Heartbreak Century

Author Name: Samantha

CC: YES! you can also name the 3 most important characters

Style: INK

Genre: Drama

Completition status: ongoing, currently 17 episodes

Quick summary: my story is based on true events. “Your whole life consists of heartbreak, betrayal and bullying. But what happens when you fall unconditionally in love with your biggest bully ever?”

Instagram: samantha_episode__

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/48153904680796161

I hope you will like my story! feel free to leave your thoughts either on my insta acc or in the fanmail :relieved:

thank you and lovely wishes,

Samantha :two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

I think 20 episodes is a good number. 30-40 episodes maximum for any story, otherwise people lose interests. They are better off doing a Season 2 after 40 episodes. I have never seen a story with 100 episodes thank goodness!!!

3 Likes

I think that’s a good number! I usually like around 20 episodes, but if it’s a really good story I’m fine with it pushing 30 or 40. However, if it is that long I don’t want it dragged out so it purposely will be that long, and if it’s shorter (like 10), I don’t like it being all jumpy, and I want to know the story. So, I guess it kind of just depends…

1 Like

20 -25 is how long my stories are. I don’t like extremely drama stories. There is a plan that I always follow.

1 Like

Why has mine been removed?? In the orignal post it says
“Feel free to put your story in the comments and I will happily read it!”
I dont understand how this is off topic???

Hey! Thanks so much for commenting. I definitely agree with you and see your point. I will also make it so that I will read your story! Sounds great! Thanks again!

1 Like

Hey. I have no idea why they removed your comment. I am just now reading it. I can still view it but idk if others can. I’m sorry it was flagged I really don’t know why. But I’ll give your story a read when I can.

2 Likes

Heyy. Thanks for the feedback. I also agree I think everyone is mainly on the same page when it comes to reading stories and that makes me happy. I will be sure to add your story on to my reading list!

1 Like

I think 10 minimum, 30 max. If it has multiple seasons then maybe 10-15 episodes per season.

1 Like

yeah, you are right! :blush:
& thank you so much :star_struck::two_hearts:

1 Like