How many languages can you speak?

Hey, it’s me again lol. So I started the post about where you are from (see here: Where are you from? 🌍)

I received so many answers with so many different countries being named!

Now, I want to know how many languages can you speak and which one would you love to learn/are you learning?

Personally, I have two mother tongue: French and Lingala (anyone from Congo? :congo_kinshasa:). I learned (still learning) English at school. I also learned (still learning) Dutch.

I can speak a littleee bit of Portuguese but not much, so that’s the next language I’m gonna learn. What about you? :heart:

5 Likes

I speak English but I know American Sign Language.

2 Likes

2, hebrew and english

1 Like

Thank you, I will. Do you have an IG or something so I can follow you there? :slight_smile:

Don’t you understand a good amount of Spanish? With the few vocabulary I have I can sometimes understand some simple sentences. The two languages have a lot in common in my opinion, do you think it’ll be easier to learn Spanish?

I can speak two and I’m learning a third :blush:

2 Likes

Which ones can you talk and which one are you learning? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can speak Italian (my mother tongue), some local dialets (idk if they’re considered as a language) and I studied English, French and German. I’m looking forward to learn Russian and Spanish.

1 Like

English, my family’s mother tongue and I’m learning French :sunglasses:

2 Likes

french and English :3 bonjur! Moma’s DNA!

2 Likes

I speack English and Spanish but Romanian is my native language😊

2 Likes

You can DM me if you want to talk in French :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1…English :smirk:

-but I do a bit of ASL

1 Like

English and un poco de Espanol

1 Like

English, Spanish, and I guess a little Italian?

1 Like

Three.

Dari(spoken), German, English

1 Like

English is my best language by far. I learned French in school, but it’s been 6 years since my last French class lol.

Learning another language was a nightmare, it took me 10 years to even be conversational. :sob: (admittedly, those 10 years were from age 4 to age 14…) And even at my peak, I could barely understand the radio or accents different from my own.

My funny story is that my mom and I both speak some French, but since I learned it in school rather than from her, I speak with a city-slicker Ontario accent and she speaks with a country-folk Ontario-Quebec accent, so it’s hard to understand her. :joy:

I can’t imagine learning one from scratch as an adult lol. Y’all are stronger than I am for picking up a language and sticking to it lmao. :+1:

2 Likes

I speak 2 English and mandarin but I’m learning 5 others(Korean,French,Indonesian, Vietnamese ,Japanese )

2 Likes
  1. Bonjour
  2. Hola
  3. Hello

I speak three languages.

2 Likes

I can speak 5 languages. I am learning another one right now

2 Likes