How many lines make up a ten minute chapter or episode?

And I want to make the first ep of my story shorter than ten minutes, is this allowed?
Thanks in advance x

1 Like

I’d say about 1000 - 1200 lines :blush:

2 Likes

OMG, that’s a lot - How about the first chapter? x

1 Like

Well, the length of your script will always depend on if you use a lot overlays, effects, branching and more. I tend to use branching a lot and that’s why I code so many lines!

But I think a 500 lines chapter it’s enough to get to 10 minutes if there’s a lot of dialogue? I don’t really know, as I said it depends on the extras and how fast the reader reads!

However, I recommend you to focus on the development of your story and how you want it to last because that’s what matters! :sparkling_heart:

You can test the length of your chapters from your phone at “User stories” in the app, without uploading them before!

4 Likes

Yeah, thank you! I always check on the app. I agree with your third paragraph hahaha - I just hope that I can actually publish something for once. I’ve been on Episode since 2016 and have released absolutely nothing :sob:
I appreciate your help, thanks again! x :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

The minimum is about 250 lines I think. Anyway, I’d love to read your story someday! :blush:
Here I am (and all the others ofc) to help you if you need anything. :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Aww, that’s so sweet. I’m honestly so grateful - This community is awesome x :heartbeat:

2 Likes

true I have a lot of chocies which makes read time shorter, I just finished taken time on my next chapter its 3000 lines, and me reading it took 6 minutes and 32 seconds. note I know what happened so I propelry read a bit fast,

time depend on how complex the code is.

3 Likes

I think its actually 400 lines.

3 Likes

My coding style requires that I use up about 4000-5000 lines to reach remotely 10 minutes.

3 Likes