How many lines of a story would a good amount be?

The title explains it!

I make 1300 lines per chapter, it make it easier for me to write the and publish them faster for the reader and they don’t get long chapterS
wIch by most od the reader is borin
hope I helped! <3 :cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

Btw if I did not tell u already your book was super good! SOme grammar errors, but that is it!!!

Thank u!..most of them are with fault, ya know to make it funnier an stuff hehe :rofl::grin:

Lol.

The amount of lines is irrelevant, what matters is how long time wise the chapter is.
Someone who uses basic directing skills can write 800 - 1000 lines and it amounts to 10 minutes, whereas someone who uses advanced directing could write 2000 - 3000+ lines but amount to the same time.

The best thing to do is write your chapter out and then time how long it takes to read it. The preferred timing is between 10 - 15 minutes.

:slight_smile:

Took the words out of my mouth.

I did 7049 lines. Is that too much? Not including CC. Or Choices or empty lines? Will people stop reading it?

Read it and time yourself. People tend to prefer chapters not to surpass 20 minutes. :slight_smile:

Its like 30 mins. Should I split it in half when there is a scene change? and make the other half for the next episode?

I say do what you think is best. If the chapter is filled with gripping content, most won’t even notice how long the chapter is. My favourite story has chapters that are around 25 minutes long each, and I love the story so much that it doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

The issue readers normally have with chapters that are over 20 minutes long is that they get bored easily, but if you’re sure that won’t happen then you shouldn’t need to worry :slight_smile:

I have 10 choices and a special art scene. Should they get bored? Little to no grammar mistakes and advanced directing?

Each person has their own opinion on length, content e.t.c You need to remember that you can’t please everyone and the likelihood is someone will complain about length (whether it be too short, or too long). If you think what you’ve provided in the chapter is worthy content and is best put across as a long chapter, go for it. :slight_smile:
I personally like long chapters, it makes you feel that you get the most out of a pass.

Alright! Thanks so much!

Good luck :slight_smile:

I have the same question, but mine is a bit more confusing.

I’m planning on making my episodes long, so the people don’t waste passes and I’m able to make the story I want within 20 chapters. Maybe 20 minute chapters. But I’m afraid that people won’t like the length.