How Many Lines of Code is your Chapter?

I’d have to say for me around 9k-10k lines for the story I’m working on now without customisation because we all know with added that we can get so many lines​:tired_face::tired_face:! But that’s with a love interests gender branch so it always multiplies my actual story by two​:woman_shrugging:t3:xoxo

Oh yeah, I was thinking of doing MC gender, but I decided I didn’t want to get too tired with coding.

I’ve only coded the first chapter of my story, but I think a long chapter would be around that length.

1 Like

My story has between 1500-2000 lines, mostly because I use a lot of overlays. The chapter I’m writing rn currently has 2300 lines because I created like 27 overlays for one scene :woman_facepalming:
Anyway, I always try to write at least 1000 lines and a maximum of 2000 lines so one chapter could take around 20 minutes to read, sometimes less

1 Like

Yes, I try not to use a lot of overlays because it’s so annoying to code. :joy:

1 Like

Hahah yeah it’s a lot of work and it makes my code way too long :tired_face:

2 Likes

Yeah my code in my first chapter is over 12k lines and I haven’t even made all the adjustments. I have a female and male MC and a female and male and male LI option. It is a lot of lines of coding.

2 Likes

So much work omg :sob:

2 Likes

Without CC, I shoot for 1,200-1,500.

1 Like

I’m always experimenting with overlays and I got really annoyed when they don’t work as I want

1 Like

Right now my chapter is 7605 lines long. And I’m barely through the second scene. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

CC for me is usually an additional 10k lines since I have 5 characters, but I usually include a mini game, or a dressing game, and definitely advanced coding, so that’s what makes it so long.

2 Likes

Oh yay, that’s going to be an awesome story!

2 Likes

abt 2k - 3k
without customization. :dizzy:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Exactly!
Also, it depends on the numbers of the characters you have in each chapter that increase the lines for you and # for the overlays.

The content is more important than the number of lines. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

titleee??? Seems interesting, Im curious affff
:cowboy_hat_face::coffee::dizzy:

2 Likes

I’m at 1-2K per episode on my latest.

1 Like

You want the title to my story? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I was literally now looking for a thread to ask about chapter length lol.
A lot of readers say my chapters are too long but I literally can’t write a short chapter because of the enormous amount of detail I have to add.
My current chapter has nearly 9k lines and I’m not quiet done yet. It’ll probably cap out at 10k due to the mini game in it. This has 48 different outcomes.

On average a chapter, which always contain choices that result in different scenes and outcomes, tend to be around 4 - 5k lines without cc.

But my question is, how long is too long?
My chapters have a read time of about 15 mins or 20mins for those really interested in the finer details and explore the alternative branches.

3 Likes