How much do you hate bad grammar

Hello I just have a small question

How bothered are you with ‘Bad’ grammar ? and what is for you bad grammar ? I’m trying to make a story but my grammar is just really bad and I know it… yes it’s not my native language I’m dutch so I’m sorry if this also hold any error’s if you have tips to help me improve my grammar could you please tell me them?

2 Likes

as a person i can say i had alot of people complain over my grammar. i am not english too. you should just try to ignore them. alot of very of populare stories has grammer mistakes too

1 Like

Moderately. shrugs I dunno, I mean…as long as I know what you meant. Like, you can say whatever you say and I can reword it in my head to be correct or make sense of the story. That’s a plus of being creative I think ^^

I sometimes change minor plot points in my head of stories to make them more appealing to me X’D

3 Likes

haha that’s what I do aswell ^^

1 Like

I don’t really care, english it’s not my first language either so I know how difficult it can be :blush:

Although I’m English, bad grammar doesn’t bother me that much as long as it’s not hard to understand but I’ve had lots of internet friends who don’t have perfect grammar so I’ve come used to it.

2 Likes

Everyone’s so chill about it, now I feel bad about saying that it does bother me:sweat_smile: For me it depends, if it happens a couple of times, I’ll live, but if it’s the entire story, I will get highly annoyed. The your and you’re, there, their, and they’re. I think getting a proofreader would be helpful.:+1:

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem! I’m also Dutch so my english isn’t very good. But what I do is I don’t use too hard grammar. It’s easy for everyone and it’s easier to make less faults in grammar.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.