How much do you plan?

When you first think of a story idea how much of your story do you plan if any?

Also what types of things do you think i should think about when planning my story to help me out in the long run? eg: ending, start and end of each chapter, each characters style etc.

Thankyou.

1 Like

i mean usually the first thing that comes to me is the ending of a story , and i work backwards from there. it really depends on the planned length of the project (which i usually decide from the beginning too , roughly at least) … for some things i plan out every chapter in detail and for some things i just roughly plan out the characters and wing the rest of it . if you don’t have time to be working on your project often, though , then planning is the best way to go . try creating a rough skeleton of your story with a beginning , middle and end , and fill in all of the gaps from there .

1 Like

I don’t plan every single episode but I do plan the start, ending, and main events that impact the story. I write bullet points of stuff that might happen during the story to help me writing the chapters. I write every important character description (including enemies/people that hate the MC). the description includes their personality, background, facts about them, age/name/etc…

1 Like

plots, character’s personality, weaknesses and strengths, sub plots, characters past etc.
I recommend not changing her/his personality fully differently through out the chapters as the readers will be confused. i personally just write everything down so i have a better view on what i’m working on. And for episodes i just go with the flow but i do make sure to add important things.

1 Like

thankyou.

1 Like

okay ty!

tysm!

1 Like

I plan pretty much everything except for the dialogues in advance :blush:

I also made a character sheet and I plan to make a story planning sheet in the next couple of days, which you can also download from my drive and use: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/my-drive

Please make sure to read the terms of use agreement before using it :smile:

1 Like

cough nothing. :cowboy_hat_face: i just go with the flow

2 Likes

I’m a messy planner tbh but I take the first bit make the plot and then think about what the end should be and then go from there like sometimes I just fill in the missing parts or just go off what comes to mind

1 Like

thankyou so much!

1 Like

okay ty. <3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.