How much does a cover usually cost?

Hi, I’m writing my first story and I don’t know If I should buy a cover or make it myself so how much does a cover usually cost? And if you have artists that are cheap you can give their instagram. Thank you!

1 Like

It depends on whether you want high quality art or not, if it’s more cartoon or realistic, how many characters will be on the cover, if it’s full body/half body/portrait, etc. You’ll need to decide on a budget and look around for artists that fit it. The artist who did mine (@jjensenart), for example, charges 80 dollars for one full body character cover (although my cover had three characters, so it was a different price). But some artists are cheaper and some are more expensive.

I personally recommend commissioning an artist as it looks more professional and catches the attention of the readers. At least I always look at the cover first when choosing a story, and of course I start it if the description’s interesting.

2 Likes

Well there are many artists if you want good cover you can go to @meowspacecat and her prices are little cheap also, and @artbysucre
Then if you want the characters to look realistic then you can go to @hanna.digiart and @ck_artdesign

2 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

what’s your budget or price range? I could send you a list of artist around your budget

1 Like

It depends on the artist that you’re speaking with and their individual prices, as everyone’s is different :slightly_smiling_face: It also depends on what exactly you want in the drawing; how many characters, how much visible body etc. Artists will also charge more as their work becomes more detailed/realistic.
I suggest speaking with other artists to see what they offer for your budget (if you have one) and making a decision from there as to if you want to commission or just do it yourself.

I’ll link my commission information below so you can see my own personal art/prices :purple_heart:
Here’s my Commissions thread with more info. I also recommend checking out my Instagram to see my most recent artworks. :heartbeat:

Examples

Price Chart

1 Like

As all of them said it usually depends on the quality and style of the art
Many of the artists who are new and have low quality likes to give cheap prices so as people buy from them while you might also find many who are giving a lot on a particular piece for their nice quality
As for style their are many types of style but from side basically two that is cartoon style and semi realistic (also realistic but not many of them do this )
I do both cartoon and semi realistic

if you wanna c
cartoon
examples

prices

Portrait-$6
Half body-$13
Full body-$20
Extra ch is 50% of the real price

semi realistic
examples

prices

But my prices are negotiable :blush:

1 Like

price fluctuates between artists so you’d have to look around (:

here’s my pricing:

1 Like

well, u know as everyone told already that it depends on what you want.

however, My commissions are open in cheap rate.
here My commission thread

1 Like

I’m an commissioned artist and my examples are on my insta page:
@aykayepisode
I do realistic style only :blush::sunflower::revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Heyy I can make the cover of your story at cheap price.
My instagram: haven.arts_
My sample arts:

1 Like