How much would you pay for this?

Hi! I was wondering if I ever did art commissions (if so, it wouldn’t be for a long time) how much people would be willing to pay. Here are some examples of my recent art. Each piece is drawn by me from scratch and takes at least 3 or 4 hours.

Assuming you can afford it, how much would you be willing to pay for one piece of art like this?

0 voters

If you think more or less or have anything else to add, let me know by commenting below! Once again, I am definitely not opening commissions any time soon, I was just curious about rates. Do you know what people usually charge or what do you think is a good amount? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

7 Likes

I say 25 at the max level, you should raise the price as soon as you get more noticed ya know?:wink:

7 Likes

Yeah I think so too. Thanks for the advice!

Np😉

1 Like

ik it off to topic but on the fifth art , on the girl forehead isn’t it a plumbob? aka the sims’s logo

1 Like

Thanks for your opinion. That sounds pretty good

1 Like

Haha unintentionally, yes it is. I just wanted a gem the matched her eyes but yeah I did accidentally do that :joy:

2 Likes

oof

1 Like

I’ve sent his video linked before in the forums, and I think it might help you:

Sorry if this is unhelpful lol. According to the video, yours would probably be on the higher side of the poll you gave, Like $30, but I know that people might not spend that much on episode.
If you’re really looking to get money for your art then maybe branch out from episode and sell them closer to what they’re worth. The video talks a lot about how there is a market for higher priced work. If you’re just looking to sell to other episodians, maybe use a lower estimate like $15. I wouldn’t recommend selling it for $5 because then you’re really underselling your art.
5 Likes

was about to post that too

2 Likes

I said 20 dollers because they all are half body. if they had been full body I would 25 maybe even 30

1 Like

Oh thank you! I’ll check that video out :blush:

1 Like

Yeah I agree that full body would be more.

I personally think you should charge as much as time you put into it, as it really should be worth it for you to take commissions. Unfortunately people are really cheap when it comes to art and don’t really want to pay for what they’re getting. I personally would probably pay you around 40USD for a piece like this if I were to buy one, but I think most people would sadly only give you around 15-20 USD, so that’s where I would start my pricing if I were you. Then you can ofc take more once you get more regular costumers!

1 Like

Oh thank you! Yeah I agree people probably wouldn’t pay that much at first, but maybe later. I think using time to decide is a good idea.

1 Like

Yes, it’s hard to take an hourly rate w commissions tho, but if you know yourself good enough to say how long a painting will take you I’d definitely use that as a guideline while deciding your prices!

2 Likes

Yeah it does sound pretty hard. Thanks for your advice! By the way, I love your art! Do you think you could ever give me some pointers if you have time?

1 Like

I’m gonna vote 10. Not because the art is worth that because it’s worth WAY MORE
But I personally would pay that amount bc I’m cheap :nerd_face:

2 Likes

also I like to note that after you sat a price dont let peopel barging you for a cheaper price or free.

the case people who actually like your work will pay no matter the price.

I sell my own art for like 2 dollers (note this is money for charity not for me) and people still will not pay because people are cheap. especially here on epiosde. 2 dollers for me is way under selling. but people here are so used to free, that they dont realse how much work and time we put into it. and it has created a toxic invirement for artist.

sorry about the rant here

2 Likes

No worries! And thank you! Ofc, just hmu on Instagram, not too active here heh

1 Like