How Much Would You Pay/Would You Pay? (As Far As Commisions)

So, for the past three years, I’ve been working on Digital Art. At the beginning, the poses I used were mostly traced.

I have since began creating my own poses and have began attempting to find my own style, though I have yet to settle on one.

Here are my most recent examples:

(Based off of River Phoenix and Keanu Reeves in “My Own Private Idaho”, reference picture below.)
MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO (1991) | Oscars.org | Academy of Motion Picture Arts  and Sciences

(A pose I drew on paper months ago,and have transfered to digital art many times since, because I find it… Interesting?)

(A random character. Obviously I can’t do anything with it while it has the Episode background out the window, and the popcorn (food, not the container, I drew that), but the rest was done by me.)

Anyways, would this be of interest to you? Would you pay for any of these/would you be interested in purchasing something in any of these styles?

Also, given how blatently different they all are, PM me, and I can send the speedpaints of me drawing them.

3 Likes

They’re really good!
If you’re wanting to determine a price, I’d suggest factoring in how much time you spend on them. If the price you’re charging, for example, is less than the actual number of hours you spend drawing them, then you’re kind of scamming yourself, you know?

2 Likes

Imo start w low prices, if ppl r willing to pay for them then slowly increase the price a good place to start for a single person half body is maybe $5 (Ik that’s not a lot) then if ppl pay that increase it to $7.50 and so on… :white_heart:

3 Likes

I agree with both comments above. I think, if you want digital art to be your job, you obviously should check how much an hour of work would pay you. On the other hand, it can’t be just that, because there always is competition. Say, if you charge 20$ per character and there are many other experienced artists with same price range - it will be harder to find clients.

I would set a plank for myself of how much do you want to make per hour as a goal and start low as Lilyriley offered. Then keep increasing it when you are getting too many orders for you to handle. Meanwhile working on your style. It looks pretty, by the way :no_mouth:

5 Likes

Hi there. I am a commission artist and based on my experience I would suggest you to practice a little more on proportions and perspectives if you’d like people to pay you a decent price for your style otherwise if You’re in need of urgent money atm then I agree with @anon71033048 & @Lumnara pricing advice. Since there are some people who would pay a few dollars for cartoons like above.

I sadly can’t help since a few tutorials on my page are all about realism. But in case you’d like to check them out my IG=
@mystery.artistz

Happy selling

• Mystery
5 Likes

I’ve been following you on Instagram for a while, and I really love your art.

Thank you for your feedback.

2 Likes

Look, as a commissioned artists that started 8 months ago and has a small audience, I think you should practice a little more before becoming commissioned

1 Like