How often do you add customisation?

How often do you allow the reader to customise their character and why?

is there a reason some authors only allow readers to customise a character on certain episodes?
does anyone allow readers to customise a character in each episode?
as a reader do you prefer to be able to customise a character in ever episode or only in a few episodes and if so why?

also how do you avoid characters picking a name that you have already used for other characters. I read a story once and I entered my name but on of the other characters had the same name… how do I avoid this for my readers…

If it’s full CC, I’ll only do it once. Sometimes I’ll do hair/lip CC once an episode, depending on what the MC is doing (going to sleep, going on a date etc)

It takes up a lot of script lines, which can be rather annoying. Hence why I said above that I only do it once. Sometimes they’ll also add an option to CC if there’s a new update with more hairstyles.

Yes, there are some authors who give this option at the start of every episode.

I personally don’t care about CC. I don’t like to make the MC look like me unless it’s a “YOU” story, and even then I still might not customize because the MC might say or do things that I don’t agree with.

You can have a message right before they enter the name letting the reader know which names to avoid.
That had happened to me before where someone had the same name as me and I ended up restarting the story because of it.

Honestly, I add it alot.
I don’t like controlling people’s lives. It’s just ugly and it’s not worth it.
I want the reader to feel like they are in another world filled with freedom.
A world where they can escape real life problems.
But one disadvantage is that it takes a lot of coding to do AND you basically can’t tell the reader the message behind this story because controlling the plot becomes a lot harder.
But, honestly, it’s up to you, the author.
When writing a story, it’s like sharing relatable feelings with the reader. That’s what I think fo it.
Hope this helps, Happy writing. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart: :pizza:

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t belong in any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.