How often do you release a new chapter?

This is just purely out of curiosity! I read comments on other author’s stories and have noticed some rabid fans get pretty worked up about episodes not releasing weekly. That seems pretty unrealistic to me …

• Weekly
  • Monthly
  • Every other week
  • Every other month
  • Other (Comment Below)

0 voters

Every other week.
All that coding seriously takes time lol

2 Likes

I started writing for episode as purely a hobby and probably release new chapters every couple months :smile:

2 Likes

People just don’t unstand the work unless they do it lol
I don’t mind waiting every other month either but I’m patient lol

2 Likes

So I’ve been releasing in “batches” and basically release a batch whenever I feel like it. I think each update is usually a month and a half to two months apart.

3 Likes

That’s a smart way to do it!

2 Likes

One chapter every 2weeks mostly. Coding is very time -consuming :frowning:

2 Likes

About a year and a helf ago since the stories annoyed me and I left the app for a year. Though I would do it every 2-3 months because procratination is a (insert word for a female dog here)!

2 Likes

RELEASE EITHER WEEKLY OR EVERY OTHER WEEK!!!

Otherwise everyone forgets about your story and only people you know will read it, there are hundreds -thousands maybe- of readers that aren’t on the forums and can’t find your story. Constant update is what helps.

3 Likes

I suppose if I wrote on the app for a living …
But damn! No way would that be feasible in my life right now :smile:

1 Like

Well, you can write episodes before publishing the story.

Why does it take you write so long? If it’s directing… leave it. Seriously. I did the same thing not one person cared. That’s just how it is. Beautiful yet so cruel world of writing on Episode.

The time I am able to set aside is inconsistent and varies :woman_shrugging:

You mean like advanced directing?

Yes, don’t do advanced directing, you may try branching but directing really isn’t worth it.

Heard of the term “15 minutes of fame”? That’s literally what happens if you do advanced directing, people only care for 15 minutes and continue their life. The only thing is that you lost a lot of time.

1 Like

Huh! Well that’s a bummer :slightly_frowning_face: I really appreciate and admire a lot of authors for their directing skills.
I can imagine though that the bulk of readers (aka non authors) don’t really understand the amount of effort put in.

Truthfully, writers block is kicking my ass right now :sweat:

2 Likes

I appreciate it too, and I would love to see it. But unless you are really popular on the app, you’re most likely not going to get the same praise as someone popular.

When I have writer’s block, I create a playlist for the episode I try to write. I feel the emotions and then write dialogue. The rest comes naturally :smiley:

2 Likes

Why do I take so long to write? Because good results take time. Besides, not everyone has a lax schedule. This is just a fact, I’m not trying to shade anyone.

You don’t have to be a popular author to be able to take your work to the next level (advanced directing), everyone starts at somewhere. I like to perfect my work and pay attention to details. My readers notice that, and they appreciate it. It makes me appreciate my work and have more confidence in it. Nothing wrong with taking time to produce the best results that you can.

Ok

1 Like