How old do I have to be

How old do I have to be to create an episode story?

You have to be 13 to read stories on the app, but I don’t think you have to be any age to write a story. :slight_smile:

Oh, I see that many authors are in there mid twenties and I’m quite young compared to them. I wouldn’t get into trouble for being a young teenager?

You have to be 13, as long as you follow all of the guidelines then you won’t be in trouble. hope this helps.

It does and I turned 13 a few months ago thank you :joy:

The app is 13+ there are bunch more people under 20 don’t worry yourself about it, as long as you’re over 13 you are free to write your own story.

GOOD LUCK!

There are lots of us 20+ writers, but we always welcome some younger people! You have to be 13+. If you are and you ever need some advice, I’m sure some of the older writers would love to help you out - including me!

That’s very nice of you! I am 13 but I have been reading since I was 10 lol. I finally got to write last year so I am experienced you could say!! I absolutely love writing! Is it just me or is writing an escape from pain??

Oh well I am just scared people will judge me off of my age and not read my story just because of my age. Should I reveal my true age or just say I’m 20-22?

I would say you don’t need to divulge your age at all! Most people don’t!

I agree!

And I think if anything, people would be pleasantly surprised if you write good, grammatically correct story with a nice plot because of your age!

Yeah, I wrote a story and the readers were like what age are you and I tell them 13 they are like, “What? YOU are thirteen?? You write like you are 22!!” And I’m like, “Well, I pay attention in Language Arts class so, yeah!” but people get surprised because how good my grammar is.

That’s probably because there are people who are native English speakers and seniors in high school, yet their spelling and grammar is equivalent to an elementary school student😂

SO true.

I started writing nearly 2 years ago, when I was 12. I honestly don’t think I even fully proof-read either of my stories. They were awedul, I don’t know what I was thinking back then.

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: