How short can an Episode story be?

I just wanted to know how short can a completed Episode story be?

I know you need at least 3 episodes to publish your story, but what is the shortest completed Episode story you have come across?

Generally how many episodes is in a short Episode story?

Or how many episodes do readers expect in a short Episode story?

2 Likes

400 lines, so not a perfect time , but I say 100 lines is 1 minute reading.

6 Likes

Thanks for your reply, but I actually didn’t want to know how many lines.

I would like to know how many episodes or chapters in an Episode story for it to be considered a short story :thinking:

3 Likes

Ig 5 chapters. I have read few short stories. Max of them end on 5th or 7th chapter.

3 Likes

Thanks, perfect!

Have you read any of these short stories?

Were they any good and were they able to cover what is required in a story?

How long were each episode / chapter? 10-15 minutes?

2 Likes

Mainly they are horror stories. Like… 1 I remember was… HAUNTED, TAKE ME HOME.
It was really good (had 5 chapters). But yes w less chapters the length of each chapter increased. Each chapter was of 15 min atleast.

6 Likes

I’ve read plenty of 3 episode completed stories, those are my favorite kinds actually since they’re so short and to the point.

You have to have at least 3 episodes to publish, but nothing is stopping an author from only writing a script in episode 1, and then leaving episodes 2 and 3 blank, for example.

2 Likes

I’ve seen quite a few short stories with three episodes.
I myself created a short, three episode story for the Reveal contest.

By a general rule, I would say that 3-5 episodes is a good short story length. 8 at a push.

2 Likes

I’d say around 8 episodes average. 15-20 is good for me. And 30+ Is rly pushing it. This is just my opinion though. I once saw a story with like, 100 episodes, and that’s the only reason I didn’t continue it tbh :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

my first short story called “The Vampires Next door season 1” was only 6 episodes so I would say like 6 episodes maybe 7, in season 2 I am making it only be like 6 or 7 episodes!

But like the others have said 3 is the shortest and I have read stories with only 3 episodes!

2 Likes

Did you feel that stories you have read with only 3 episodes were able to cover what it needed?

1 Like

Some of them did it fairly well while other ones with 3 episodes didn’t

1 Like

3 chapters. :eyes:

From my observation, 8-15 chapters.

Can’t speak for others, but for me it depends on the story itself. Some stories seem to pan out a lot better with only a few chapters, whilst others pan out better with a bit more episodes.

2 Likes

Thanks for your detailed reply :+1:

I’m surprised 15 chapters is still considered a short Episode story :scream:

2 Likes

Baha, well, it is to me. :joy:

2 Likes