How short is too short for an episode?

It’s me again, probably going to ask a bunch of questions throughout writing my first story.

So, I finished my first episode but I timed it and it was like 7 minutes of reading time. I want to know if that’s too short. Like, what’s the average time for an episode? Also, do you prefer long or short episodes?

2 Likes

hi! Don’t worry, 7 minutes is the normal time for the chapter! Too short is <5 minutes

4 Likes

I personally like stories with chapters about 15-20 minutes reading time. But of course it’s not bad either, if it isn’t that long. I also think 7 minutes is okay, because there are many readers, who don’t like long chapters.

5 Likes

Personally i say no less than 8 but no more than 15

People should get some time out of their pass

5 Likes

I don’t think 7 minutes is that bad considering it’s the first ep! But I do suggest making future episodes longer. Just like some said, 15-20 minutes would be ideal. Also, GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR STORY! I’m looking forward to reading it when you finish :hugs:

2 Likes

i personally prefer episodes that have 10-15 mins of reading time! and definitely for the first episode, 7 minutes sounds good! :))

2 Likes

Anything 5 minutes or less is typically frowned upon. 7 minutes isn’t too bad. It’s short, but it could work. Make sure you cover enough in those 7 minutes. End the episode on a solid note, and you should be okay.

3 Likes