How should i make my art better?

So i got bored so i tried digital art :woozy_face:

Here is the finished result:

I know that it’s bad and because i’ve just started i wanted to know how i can improve my art. If anyone has any tips or tricks?

Please give me some feedback, thank you! :))

i used ibis paint x if that helps with any feedback :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

That’s beautiful!!! Omggg. And practice! I also started recently and I’ve made about 3 covers and I have improved from the first time I did an art scene!

1 Like

I also use ibis paint x :blush:

1 Like

I do graphic design and want I do is I go over the character once or twice until I the image I want like this

and than I touches and stuff but it’s ok honestly yes you need practice of course but it’s still really good

3 Likes

This is awesome!

2 Likes

thank you i’ll keep practising.

1 Like

thanks girl, i’m just trying to be more artistic even tho i’m so bad lmao

1 Like

thank you love I take request to you can pm if you’d like I don’t want to talk here due to this being a different thread and I don’t want to take it off topic but thank you and your already good to girl haha

1 Like

and I mean I can’t draw draw but for someone how a beginner this is pretty awesome work

1 Like

You’re not bad!

1 Like

thank you.

1 Like

Thankyou :upside_down_face:

1 Like

No joke, my jaw literally dropped when I saw this. You may be a beginner to digital art, but your drawing says otherwise! I’m not an artist so I can’t give any advice, but this looks great so far :))

1 Like

hii! first off your art style is GORGEOUS! i don’t do realism as well as you, but here’s some general colouring tips i’ve learnt that could help you :))

-don’t be afraid to make your shadows darker!! and play around with layer blend modes as skin can have many different tints to it! (example that i use: multiply, light purple, lower opacity for dark shadows!)
-avoid using the airbrush, gives a very foggy look. try using more hard brushes and edges to your drawings! afterwards, you can touch up by using blurring/airbrushing for points where the shadows are softer.
-avoid using the colour white at all costs. try using a more off-white colour for both the skin and the eye whites. same thing for pure black.
-more on shadows: try to avoid just lowering the brightness, adjust the hue to a warmer colour and adjust the saturation to what seems better (test around!)
-watch. tons. of. speedpaints. see what technique they use, and try using them onto your pieces! also watch tons of tutorials :))

otherwise, i really hope this helps! i can’t wait to see more from you; this is great for a beginner!

1 Like

awh thank you :purple_heart:

Thank you!! Your advice is really helpful! :heart::heart:

1 Like

Oh, nice! That looks awesome!
I think adding more lines in the air will make it look better in my opinion, as well as adding darker colors in general! Like, more shadows in the skin.

1 Like

Can you do a cover with procreate?

thanks i’ll keep that in mind!

1 Like

i have procreate but for some reason it won’t work :woman_shrugging:t4: