How should i make my art better?

UPDATE:

I tried again.

I think i need help with hair, lips and eyebrows the most.

Here it is without colour:

So i made this thread asking on ways to improve my art as i’ve only just started. And i wanted to know if i’ve got any better and if anyone has anything i could do to them to improve them please let me know🙃

i suck at colouring so any advice on that will be very helpful :persevere:

No colour

Colour

Make sure to have a clean outline and to make your colors fill out every space, so there’s no white spots left and then shade near the outlines and highlight the lighter spots (I recommend make up videos for that lol so you know where highlighter and contour goes) But your art is really good!

1 Like

Thank you I’ll keep that in mind.

1 Like

I love the outline I mean I can’t draw haha but those outlines are the shit

1 Like

They look good! I suggest making sure you have the stabilizer turned on, you can also turn on the force fade tool (same location as stabilizer when you click on the wiggling hand on the top right) so some of your lines (like when doing hair or eyelashes) fades out smoothly and doesn’t look clunky, and just work on getting some deeper colors and shadows in there! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

lmao thanks babe :heart:

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback i really appreciate it!!

1 Like

haha no biggie girl :crazy_face:

1 Like

Practice makes perfect :wink: I think it’s really good! I like using air brushes for the skin so you don’t see the black outlines but if it’s your style then don’t change it it’s pretty cool like that as well! And I would use very fine brushes for the hair to make it more realistic :slight_smile: If you use a bit more shading it will also add more depth to the picture. You already used the highlighting perfectly!

2 Likes

There needs to be more contrast in the shading and it is pretty dusty. It looks like you used an airbrush for shading, which I really don’t recomend. You should also be sure your sketch is clean before going in with the coloring, especially if you’re going with a more cartoony style. Also, im so srry, but ibis paint is a pretty shitty app imo. I recomend medibang or autodesk sketchbook. The texture of the hair should be more like stripes, not lumps (i hope that makes sence). The colors look really washed out and grey, there just isn’t any contrast overall. I hope im not coming across as rude. The biggest tip I can give you is PRACTICE as much as you can♥️

1 Like

Thanks!

Thank you, no you weren’t being rude it was really helpful!

Can i get medibang on iphone?

I’m glad i didn’t come of as rude. Yes, you can download medibang on an iphone

Okay thanks!

Out of interest: why don’t you recommend using airbrushes? I always use them for shading and really like them :sweat_smile: I’m not an expert though.

2 Likes

this looks so good!! and shading with correct colors is the KEY :relaxed: I personally love using the soft airbrush on a 30% opacity! and as for the outlines, keeping your hand calm and relaxed does wonders!

1 Like

In my experience it mostly ends up looking dusty and way too light. I think using an airbrush to blend 2 colors that you’ve already layed down is good, but not for all the shading. This is just my opinion based on what i’ve seen and on my own experience tho :))

2 Likes

Ah ok. I like using it by starting with a lighter shade and just having one colour and then shading with a slightly darker tone of the same colour. Like this it works quite well for me but it probably also depends on the programme you use. I use autodesk sketchbook and it’s airbrush is really nice.

2 Likes

Thanks!! I appreciate it!

1 Like