How Should I Start My Horror Story?

Hi everyone! First off, happy pride month for everyone who is a part of the LGBTQ+ :rainbow_flag: family, like myself! :bi_flag: Also, its my birthday week! Yay! But, in all seriousness, I made this topic as you can see from the title, Iā€™m stuckā€¦yet again! This time, Iā€™m writing a horror/thriller story and I donā€™t know what to do. I donā€™t know how to start it and once I get that figured out, Iā€™ll go from there.

Hereā€™s what the story is about:
Title: Now You See Me
Genre: Horror/Thriller (somewhere in between)
Style: Limelight
Summary: After your best friend is murdered, you start having supernatural dreams of her and are placed in a mental institution. As the weeks go by, you start to see that all is not right.
Story Cover:
Now You See Me

Iā€™m writing the story from the MCā€™s point of view so every now and then, Iā€™ll put narration in between parts of the story. So, what should I do?
Lots of love! Stay safe, and as the High School Musical song goes, ā€œWeā€™re all in this together!ā€

Happy Pride!

1 Like

OK so Iā€™m not a good horror writer (usually romance lol). But some of horror stories usually have a before scene of a random guy/girl getting attacked by the (scary person name here)

1 Like

maybe have like an ominous scene of her best friend getting killed. then the MC wakes up.

1 Like

What if sheā€™s in therapy and the therapist starts asking her questions that cause her to have traumatic flashbacks?

Nice idea! Thatā€™s really reminding me of ā€œHappy Death Dayā€ which I still havenā€™t seen. lol!

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if youā€™ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.