How to Accommodate to Both Tablet and Phone Readers?

I’m starting my first story, so I’m a little new to things. I want to accommodate to tablet readers as well, but I don’t know if it will be too difficult.

I’ve only written a little, but to other writers who write for both tablet and phone readers, is it difficult to accommodate for both?

Do you have to constantly change things to make it fit the tablet screen?

And does it usually look weird for phone readers when it fits tablet screens?

Sorry if this is a weird question :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Use the ‘Guidebox’ filter in the portal (:

1 Like

Thanks! I used that earlier and it was really helpful!

1 Like

Honestly, it does bug me a lot. I use the guidebox all the time and usually just settle for a little bit of a character’s head to be cut off. I don’t want there to be too much empty, awkward space for phone users. As long as the speech bubbles aren’t cut out and most of the character’s head is visible, then it should be fine. Most people (according to polls I’ve seen here) use phones to read.

2 Likes

Thanks! I will probably just do what you do because since most people use phones I don’t want to make things look weird for them!

1 Like

At the end the the day though, readers will stay for the story and its characters. Good luck and happy writing!

1 Like

Thanks! Have a good day!

1 Like

There is a guid box, and when you are spot directing your characters, if anything goes to low like the speech bubbles it will tell you that some people won’t be able to see a certain thing

1 Like

Oh ok! Thanks!

1 Like

It is sometimes annoying but it shows effort. If you ever need help with it, I am a tablet user sometimes so you can always ask me to test it if you can’t yourself.

1 Like

If I ever need anything I’ll send you a message! Thanks for letting me know, it’s nice getting some advice from actual tablet users.

Yeah, I have never had problems with my story when fitting it in but speechbubbles and tappable overlays have stopped me from continuing a story. So of all things you need to watch out for it is that.

1 Like

Ohh ok I see. I will keep that in mind then. Do characters’ heads and stuff get cuff of a lot of the time?

Not usually. And compared to the other issues this would be less important. Of course if you are wanting to please tablet users then making sure it fits is important but if the zoom is a little off it is nothing compared to not being able to know what the characters are saying or not being able to continue since the tappable is so low it won’t let me tap.

1 Like

Ok that’s great. I’ll not worry too much about that, but I’ll always check for choices and tappable overlays since I can’t imagine being far into a story and then having to stop because you couldn’t click something.

1 Like