How to add your avatar into a story HELP NEEDED!

Hi
I’ve seen on some stories the option to add your avatar as a character
Does anyone know how to do this? I want to give people the option to name the character and let them keep their avatar look or change it
How do I go about this?
Any help given I will credit at the end of the chapter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just add into your script:

@CHARACTERNAME1 becomes female profile

@CHARACTERNAME1 becomes male profile

@CHARACTERNAME1 becomes profile or CHARACTERNAME2

You couldn’t help me with one more thing could you?
I wanted to let the reader choose their name, I used Dara.Amarie’s template but it’s coming up with an error

NARRATOR
Here’s your chance to customise your character, you can play as you or make someone up (it’s up to you)
So what’s your name?

What is your name? | What is your name? | Done (NAME)
    NARRATOR
Okay |bold|[NAME]|color:black| now it's time to choose your look!

The line that lets you choose name has this error message:- Invalid text effect “whatisyourname?” Did you misspell the effect or forget to separate effects with a comma?

1 Like

Sure!

I think you forgot “input”. It should look like this:

input What is your name? | What is your name? | Done (NAME)

NARRATOR
Okay |bold|[NAME]|color:black| now it’s time to choose your look!

Inside the () put the script/display name of your character. Remember to test it out in the app, type-in choices don’t work in the Web Preview.

1 Like

So on laptop it comes up with Auto Bot, but it will give you chance to type a name in on the app is this correct? :slight_smile: Thanks for help btw, what name do I credit you with?

1 Like

Yes the typed-in choices show only on the app. It’s ok I like helping people, my forum name is fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.