➿ HOW TO: animate GIF in INFINITE LOOP

& ensures everything will happen in the same moment if you will use @ instead it might lead to that in app you will notice how in miliseconds the script waits til it uploads the next overlay so there might be like a pause before the loop starts - this is usually not visible in portal but it glitches in app.

but you can try if you want. :slight_smile:

How ever the line with the loop has always to be with &

1 Like

ty I figured it out :sweat_smile: I was worried that if I didn’t put an @ in the first line it wouldn’t appear at all, because I’ve had past attempts where it just messes up, but I used the & and its working all smoothly, thank you so so much! :’)

1 Like

Hm… it’s not working for me…

Here’s the code:

INT. BLACK - NIGHT

@cut to zone 1
&overlay FRAME 0 create
&overlay FRAME 1 create
&overlay FRAME 2 create
&overlay FRAME 3 create
&overlay FRAME 4 create
&overlay FRAME 5 create
&overlay FRAME 6 create
&overlay FRAME 7 create
&overlay FRAME 8 create
&overlay FRAME 9 create
&overlay FRAME 0 moves to layer 1
&overlay FRAME 1 moves to layer 1
&overlay FRAME 2 moves to layer 1
&overlay FRAME 3 moves to layer 1
&overlay FRAME 4 moves to layer 1
&overlay FRAME 5 moves to layer 1
&overlay FRAME 6 moves to layer 1
&overlay FRAME 7 moves to layer 1
&overlay FRAME 8 moves to layer 1
&overlay FRAME 9 moves to layer 1
&overlay FRAME 0 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay FRAME 0 opacity 0 in 0 
THEN FRAME 1 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay FRAME 1 opacity 0 in 0 THEN 
FRAME 2 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay FRAME 2 opacity 0 in 0 THEN FRAME 
3 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay FRAME 3 opacity 0 in 0 THEN FRAME 4 
opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay FRAME 4 opacity 0 in 0 THEN FRAME 5 opacity 
1 in 0.1 THEN overlay FRAME 5 opacity 0 in 0 THEN FRAME 6 opacity 1 in 0.1 
THEN overlay FRAME 6 opacity 0 in 0 THEN FRAME 7 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay FRAME 7 opacity 0 in 0 THEN FRAME 8 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay FRAME 8 opacity 0 in 0 THEN FRAME 9 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay FRAME 9 opacity 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times

I see 2 mistakes

1. you use if I see right episode black background which I specificly wrote you should not use because overlays do now work well on them.

2. your looping line is not fallowing the instructions on how to do it- see again the color coding above how the overlays fallow.

:wink:

2 Likes

bump

Thanks @Farah_DeSantis for this tutorial. I almost get it to work only that it does not run smoothly. I’m pretty sure I’ve done the coding correctly. Btw… I’m not using episode black background. Any advice?

if you have it right it should be smooth actually.

Problem can be in script or in the overlays… for example not naming them as they fallow so the frames do not fallow as they should.

Or just your pc might be laggy not able to upload it right… try to test it in app.

1 Like

It’s the same in the app. It is smooth at first then it will pause a few times then finally not smooth…

if it does this it realy looks like mistake in the code actually . Double check especially the looping line this is the bigest source of mistakes because it is really easy to miss something there

1 Like

Yup… You’re right. There are mistakes although I’ve been checking it through for a thousand times. Still overlook something. This 47 frames GIF works perfectly fine now. Thanks to you @Farah_DeSantis!! :heart:

1 Like

great it worked.:wink:

1 Like

:exploding_head:

Hey @Farah_DeSantis would you mind if I put the link to this thread in my linktree? I’m making a post for Instagram on how to animate character face/body overlays and wanted to direct them here for a tutorial on how to animate a gif as an example :blush:

of cause you can ad a link. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you :raised_hands:t2::grin:

1 Like

bump

Hi, so I have a little problem, I have done everything mentioned above still I am getting this warning…
Can you help me out?

there is most likely some typo in the last line how ever I do not see it…can you copy me the script instead of printscreen?
Also when you click on the error on which line it points?

As Farah was saying there’s likely a typo. :slightly_smiling_face: I see on the line 411 close to the end of the coding, it says THEN GIF1 opacity 19 when it should be GIF19 opacity 1 :upside_down_face: maybe that’s the problem. :woman_shrugging:t3:

It worked! Thank you so much​:heart::heart:

1 Like