How to assign CHARACTER to the name template?

I don’t really know how to explain but no characters names are popping up for me to assign them.

What do you mean exactly?

Like this I’m trying to assign a specific character to this name template, but the characters names aren’t popping up…

Have you already created these characters?

Yep, I have 10+ characters already but I was researching how to let readers choose their name and most of them said make a character named YOU then change the display name to FIRSTNAME so in my script I put

YOU
   My name is [FIRSTNAME]

but when I review the script it says “My name is Auto Bot”

Naming a character? So, I can’t go on the portal rn but in a naming template, no characters are used, so they are not present. It’s just a few lines of code.

Check out:

To name a character all you need to write is (example):

NARR
What’s your name?

input What is your name? | What is your name? | Done (NAME)

NARR
[NAME] is such a beautiful name!

*reminder, this works only on the app (in mobile, you can name them) but on the web previewer you can’t. On the web previewer, Auto Bot will most likely show instead.

And it doesn’t have to be NAME, it can be anything, JEM, ANNA, YOU, FIRSTNAME, FOOD, etc.

I explain more here:

1 Like

So it’s normal for it to say Auto Bot as it’s name?

Yep, I get that on the web previewer, pretty much everyone does, they can’t name their character. But on mobile, on the app, you can.

1 Like

Oh OK thank you soooo much, I was getting a little worried but I didn’t think about checking it on mobile!

1 Like

Closed: marked as solved by op @Episode.dria :v: