HOW TO: Basics of Instagram

Idk how you can say I’m so helpful when you just did such a detailed post about the business account… Very interesting, that’s for sure! Also, omg :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: No, I’m lucky!

4 Likes

There you go being too modest :kissing_cat:

Seriously, you inspired and continue to inspire so many people and a lot of people love you, including me :wink: :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

I actually did set up Instagram a while ago, but I never put anything on it- I’m just taking in this thread, but I’m not going to update or anything! I say I don’t have it, but I do and I don’t use it, I suppose. Although I’ll probably use it to follow people and not check. I suppose that I just don’t really know what I should do with it; for example, when you post- it’s stressful thinking about what’s a good post or not, and how often to post, and keeping count of followers- I’m not a super big fan of social media, I guess. Although I did check out both your’s, Amberose’s and fcukforcookies’. :heart_eyes_cat::kissing_cat:
Also, @Amberose, you need somebody to validate that you’re a super beautiful Australian- so don’t worry, I validate it.
Also, Jem, you’ve inspired me to start putting up cat emojis. :smile:

4 Likes

Hahaha! But seriously…

I relate to this so much!

3 Likes

:point_right::point_right::point_right: I finally created my own Epy Insta account. Because of the next few busy days for me this week, I want to prepare as much as possible.

4 Likes

Yes, I saw, good luck with everything :wink: :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll think about it

1 Like

I am a bit worried because my followers so far are comprised of ‘free gems and passes’ accounts ?

Are you following Episode’s official account? It could be that. I notice that whenever I try following them, the exact same thing happens and I get tons of those types of accs following me back, so that’s why I don’t :joy::roll_eyes: But I wouldn’t worry too much, as I’m pretty sure they’re only bots: harmless but annoying af

2 Likes

Yeah @goth.gaia gave an amazing answer :smile:

Just ignore them, they end up disappearing and all us of had to face them at some point :rofl:

There are are a bunch of them, we just ignore them ^^

Also, I agree, they are ANNOYING.

Some bad stuff about Instagram:

It happens though, we have bots and people who are intent on getting lots of followers by following so many people, unfollowing, so their number increases or buying followers. Commenting stuff on your post even though they don’t care about you. Some of them advertise on your posts or send you a DM saying weird stuff, like click this link or inappropriate content or scams. Don’t click any link from these people ever or respond. Simply report and/or refuse their request. Luckily, these accounts end up getting terminated. Also, you have hate accounts pop up sometimes but they are silenced by getting reported. Thieves are also reported.

Instagram is awesome but like every social media out there, it has its “dark side”-quoting my friend Maria here. I would encourage you to have fun and enjoy it while not stressing over stuff.

After all, there’s something waiting for people who are bad on social media and off social media: karma :wink:

Another tip:

Good luck with everything, shoot me a PM anytime if you need help :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Bump

Speaking of… Can you upload photos from your PC? Or does it have to be from your phone?

Hmm, I think you can but it requires some work :thinking:

I’ve never tried it :joy:

But anyways, here is an article on it:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tjmccue/2018/08/30/how-to-post-on-instagram-from-pc/#7e909e38516a

And a video on it:

1 Like

Geez Louise. So hard that it needs a video??? Omg. I’ll watch it when I get home but maybe I’m best to just keep doing it from my phone haahhaha. Thanks Jem. Idk what I’d do without you

1 Like

Nah, you can do so much without me, you brave, badass soul, love ya, you’re super smart OK :kissing_cat:

2 Likes

Bump

Is there a specific timing for when to post? Like, I remember reading somewhere that posting at a particular timing is better than another - I don’t remember where and I am too lazy to search anyway, lol.

Also, how often do you think we should post? (I find it real messy when someone posts too often or when someone does not post at all so I am confused how much I should post!)

1 Like

OMG saaaaaame. I unfollow people if they post too much about things Idc about lol. I think twice a day should be a max if people are posting daily that is. If you’re the type to never post and all of a sudden want to post 5 times in a row, that wouldn’t bother me

1 Like

@BadassSaasha and @amberose

Link:

Search up “Instagram algorithm” and u will find cool results.

I feel like posting once a week is fine, IMO, and perhaps archive old posts.

Also, here:

Click

Much love :heart:

3 Likes

Ahhhh thanks so much Jem :kissing_heart:

2 Likes