How to be successful as an Episode author on Instagram

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there are any authors here with 1K+ followers and a business/creator account on Instagram who would be willing to share a few social media tips and insights?

For example:

[EDITED]

• What kind of posts helped you increase your reach and generate new followers?
  • Have you noticed any relation to the kind of content you’ve posted and people unfollowing you?
  • What kind of posts are most popular with your followers and generate the most engagement in terms of them liking, commenting and sharing them?
  • Is there a way to motivate your followers to share screenshots of your stories?
  • How do you manage for more of your followers to view your Insta story? For me, it’s only about 14% of my followers that view my Insta stories. Any content that is popular with your followers here?
  • Is there a specific time and day of the week where your posts are viewed the most?

Or anything else that might help other authors to grow and improve their social media strategy. I’d be grateful for any kind of tips and advice :blush:

2 Likes

How do you increase your reach and generate new followers?

• Keep promoting yr instagram in your stories, and on yr uh profile like Episode forums profile, and when yr doing art, and other things for authors.

How do you prevent people from unfollowing you?

• Now, this is their choice to make to unfollow you, u can’t really do anything about it.

Which kinds of posts are most popular with your followers and generate the most engagement (liking, commenting, sharing)?

• Likes, comments, and sharing, yes, all.

How do you get people to share screenshots of your story?

• Let them read your story, and screenshot it, and put them in a collage photo frame/gid on a photo edit app, and then save it to their device and share it on any social media platform.

How do you manage for more people to actually view your Insta story? (For me it’s only about 14% of my followers even though I post almost daily)

• Now, I don’t really pay attention to this, but sometimes I do, I mean they can view my story as much as they want if they want to, I don’t mind at all.

Is there a specific time and day of the week where your posts are viewed the most?

• Uh, not really.
1 Like

I ain’t famous neither have any stories but still can answer these questions!
How do you increase your reach and generate new followers?
Through promotions, sharing, making friends, organinising the page
How do you prevent people from unfollowing you?
You can’t, the only thing you can do is maybe making your instagram page better.
Which kinds of posts are most popular with your followers and generate the most engagement (liking, commenting, sharing)?
All of them.
How do you get people to share screenshots of your story?
good directing, filters, intersting back dtories ext.
How do you manage for more people to actually view your Insta story? (For me it’s only about 14% of my followers even though I post almost daily)
I don’t know what you mean
Is there a specific time and day of the week where your posts are viewed the most?
Everyday.

2 Likes

Regarding point 3: I think I didn’t explain it too well. I meant which kinds of posts are the most liked, commented and shared ones.

Regarding point 4: I meant how do you motivate them to share screenshots. Obviously I know how sharing screenshots works with making collages etc. :wink:

Regarding point 5: Only 14% of my followers currently view my Instagram stories on a regular basis. How could that number be increased?

Regarding point 6: I’m sure there must be a specific time of the day and a specific day of the week where your followers are more active than on others?

While I do really appreciate your answers and feedback, they are a bit general to be honest :sweat_smile:
“Making your Instragam page better” -> How do I do that?

I was looking more for specific tips on what can be done as well as insights from authors with a creator account who check their statistics to see what works best if that makes sense.

Reader Insight
  • How do you increase your reach and generate new followers - Promote your story, have a memorable username. Some authors promote their instagram in their stories a lot, and sometimes I remember them, eg. ellazeg, bri_writes_episode, kaylas.epi
  • How do you prevent people from unfollowing you?
    Be famous? There are about 3 reasons someone follows you:
  1. They like your story and want updates or just to support you
  2. They want to to follow them back
  3. By accident, or you’re they friend
  • Which kinds of posts are most popular with your followers and generate the most engagement (liking, commenting, sharing)?
    I personally never read the comments, they’re always just ‘I like your story’ and the reply is always "Gee, Thanks!’ I guess liking helps show you how many Superfans you have :o
  • How do you get people to share screenshots of your story?
    Most people don’t. Why would you want to see a sceen you’ve made AND tested 100000000 times? The way people customize is interesting, but just check their profile pictures. Most of the time, you’ll find it.
  • How do you manage for more people to actually view your Insta story? (For me it’s only about 14% of my followers even though I post almost daily)
    Host contests? Most of the time, stories just have screenshots of fans recommending your story. BOOORRRRIIINNNGGGG
  • Is there a specific time and day of the week where your posts are viewed the most?
    When you release new chapters? I view my favorite author’s new post…never. I only look at it when I follow them. I only browse meme accs. I guess I’m on insta most on mondays and fridays.
1 Like

This is a helpful statistique, u can see that at a certain hour my follower number is at 1000 +,
:womans_hat:
:owl:

And about 400-450 people watch my stoties everyday i have 1100 followers if i remember :joy:

2 Likes

Oh cool, thanks! It shows 6pm for my followers as well so that seems to be a common time among Insta users.
Wow that’s a lot of viewers! 36-41%, not bad! :open_mouth: Can I ask what kinds of things you normally post in your Insta stories?

2 Likes

I usually do Q&As, i post abt my story :thinking::thinking::thinking: post abt my art…hmmm das all i think–
AND YEEE i was surprised too when i sad 430 person the first time it happened :laughing:

1 Like

I have the privilege that a few of my friends are consider as “big authors” too :ice_cream::blob_turtle:

1 Like

I don’t quite have 1k+ followers but from my understanding, people will usually follow if they like your story enough to want to be notified of updates. Basically, worry about having a semi-decent episode story first of all. Otherwise making friends here on the forums or in the insta community by posting screenshots of the stories you like and tagging the authors or commenting on posts, having discussions, interacting with the rest of the community, etc. gets you more promotion and reach across it.

I’ve noticed people start unfollowing me if I’m unactive and aren’t posting anything for up to two weeks. But otherwise you can’t control it. I unfollow when someone spams their insta story too much every day and it’s hell annoying to have to click through, or they post shit that is irrelevant to episode or their episode story constantly. It just irritates me.

I only post chapter updates mainly and that gets a lot of comments, but for some reason when i made a meme video about my story it got more likes but less comment interaction which was interesting. Discussion posts I would only recommend if youre a big author because most people ignore them.

Include things in your story that people would want to screenshot, like funny quotes, aesthetic shots, those photobooth opportunities where you take a screenshot of the two MC’s posing together with some narration saying “SS and tag me on insta, I’d love to see how you’ve CCed your characters!”

If only 14% view, most of your followers might be inactive or have gotten annoyed by spam or something. They’re usually checking for interesting things like updates. If it’s random shit and too much of it, they’ll click off without finishing.

2 Likes

So for example you don’t post screenshots of other stories or share the screenshots your fans have tagged you in? Because I do and I feel like that’s when people exit my Insta story the most :sweat_smile: Apparently they find it boring, just like @Hilo confirmed. But I want to support my friends and show my gratitude to my fans by reposting, so I would feel bad if I stopped doing that :confused: Not that easy…

1 Like

I dont have time to read any stories now :sob::skull: but i do post the screenies my readets tagged me in, even tho my story is not THAT famous at all lolll the only thing is that i dont receive notifications abt stories tag :sob:

2 Likes

Also, i dont post everydays, bc i see people do not see my posts as much, i post 3 times per weeks max :pig::pig:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for all this insight!! It makes perfect sense.

So basically, post regularly, but not too much at the same time. Plus, posts should focus on your own stories and content and not so much about other people’s stories or content. If anything, it should be occasionally.

Also, good tip with the photobooth! I personally never tend to screenshot those myself but apparently readers seem to really like it.

2 Likes

Yes! Regular activity on your insta story but not too much dumped all at once. Keeps your page fresh. But too many actual posts is also kind of annoying too so I’d keep that to a minimum if I were you.

Yeah I ignore photobooths but a lot of people actually do like to show off their characters. It’s probably one of the most screenshotted thing you’ll notice on other people’s stories.

1 Like