How to better get your story noticed

Sometimes you wanna get your story noticed, so you post it on forums and don’t get a lot of results…

Well, I’m here to help…

#1:
Cons, and Pros

These are things that are in your story, like for example,
Pros: Choices Matter, Multiple Love interests, CC

Cons: No outfit choices, LIMITED CC.

I put it as an example bc most authors treat these things like cons, and i couldn’t find any other examples. It is really the author’s choice whether they want to put CC or not. I’m not saying that they should, i don’t add CC in my own stories unless my characters are shape shifters or something. :confused:

Stating these is very helpful in getting readers as they know what they’re getting even before

they’re

starting your story!!

These tell peeps what ARE in your story, however Cons are optional if your afraid to mention them out of fear that they may cause others to pass your story by,

#2:
The style is important.

There are a bunch of people who are looking for a certain style, like classic,

It’s very hard to find, so stating your style for those who like the style or just want to read a story in that style is very helpful, the style may be what’s attracting peeps in the first place!

If your afraid it’ll make peeps turn away, you don’t have to include that if you don’t want to, but consider it, as if you didn’t tell, anyway, the readers that don’t like the style may just stop reading anyway after seeing it. :frowning:

#3: Info!

Your story’s description is a helpful, especially in getting readers! you don’t have to worry about spoilers, i mean, you do, but still! Don’t leave out too much! You want others to know your story line without them knowing everything that’s up your sleeve! Btw, most peeps don’t even read the description, anyways…

#4:
Title is important, too!

The title can be very important, it helps people get a glimpse of what your story is about most of the time!

#5:
Covers are VERY important!

The cover is what actually attracts most people! It’s flashy, and beautiful! You’ll want one for your story, it has to look interesting, too!

#6: Grammar mentioning

It’s good to probably mention your first language as well, most people on episode’s first language is English, mention how good you are and always mention how good can be, as you do want others to know that you’re trying hard to get your story to be the best it can be.

I kinda disagree with the CC plainly because the author has their own characters and they can include CC if the year want. I don’t mind CC but I don’t think it’s a con.

Yeah, in the beginning I wasn’t going to allow customisation in my story at all, but when I got a few people to review it all they talked about was how the story would be better with customisation and I couldn’t be bothered to explain that I wanted my characters to look a certain way so I added customisation anyway :roll_eyes:

I put it as an example bc most authors treat these things like cons, and i couldn’t find any other examples. It is really the author’s choice whether they want to put CC or not. I’m not saying that tbey should, i don’t add CC in my own stories unless my characters are shape shifters or something. :confused:

It’s true that the presence of CC or not really depends on each author and reader. It all depends if the author wants their readers to get slightly immersed in the story right away by feeling like they’re part of the story (since this is an app meant to give readers plenty of choices) or if they want them to follow the story of someone that isn’t them at all.

Concerning the love interests (if there are any), I’m kind of against including CC for them in my stories, because those are characters of mine that I don’t give the reader as many choices for (unless they play as them as some points in the story). But I’m ok with reading stories with or without LI CC. I do understand why a lot of readers prefer customizing their characters though :slight_smile: