choice
“Pasta” {

#scene here

} “Noodles” {

#scene here

}
}

#continue story

• choices inside of choice can end up being complex, you can’t have labels inside of them and remember your curly brackets/braces must match.

• In the above example if the reader, let’s say chooses Dinner, they will see the options Pasta or Noodles and then they can pick one of them. Also, I color coded everything that I felt needed to be color coded.

Can check out these threads as well: HOW TO: Simple Choices & đź–¤ HOW TO: Labels and Gotos đź–¤

An amazing website to check out:

List of threads I’ve made:

Hope this helps you, mon ami(e) and by the way, I’m also part of a group IG where we give directing tips: epyxmagic ^^

P.S This is the thread I met @fraud on, I’m going to treasure it forever, love you lots :joy: :heart_eyes: :blob_hearts:

14 Likes

@Niki3 this is a much clearer explanation than mine :slight_smile::raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

LIES, I am sure you explained it wonderfully :yay: :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Question, when you do a choice instead a choice, do you code it the same one as usual?

For instance, I coded choices in choices and I made each choice matter. So, would I use the if/else method?

1 Like

You can remember a choice inside a choice by using if/elif/else later on.

Here’s an example:

When you select “male”, and inside of that “yes/confirm” you can remember what was selected by using a gain. Same for the other choice in the female option.

Another example:

2 Likes

Gosh, I just knew you were going to say gains :pleading_face: Thanks, lovely, I appreciate the response and help! :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Thanks for this. :innocent:

2 Likes

Bump :white_heart:

1 Like

Excuse me I know I’m a bit late but I’ve done choice inside of a choice and I keep getting this error at line 522 (at my second choice “”) saying : expected character change or scene… What am I doing wrong?..
Here’s my script :

@NERO starts idle_sad_loop

KADEN (talk_sad)
Damn why do you look so bummed about it?
If you wanna talk to him I can help

NERO (talk_unsure)
No,
I don’t know…
I…

NERO (think_rubchin)
(Maybe I should…)

choice
“I like talking to you for now”{

KADEN (talk_smile_happy_loop)
 Aw that's sweet thanks
 Let's ChitChat then

@NERO idle_happy_pose
@KADEN starts idle
@NERO -1
}

“Yeah I’d like your help…”{

KADEN (laugh_chuckle)
 Yeah he his handsome isn't he?
 Almost as much as me
 I'm allowed to say that as we are twins...
 I think?

@NERO idle_happy_pose
@NERO +1
}
}

Remove the second }, the one that I bolded. From what I see, you aren’t doing a choice inside a choice, you are just doing a regular choice (HOW TO: Simple Choices) :blue_heart:

Also:

You forgot the is or starts

@NERO starts idle_happy_pose

Same here.

I only copied a part of my scrip all of it would be too long. I am doing a choice inside of a choice that’s why there’s a second one. Thanks for the answer tho :slight_smile:
I will add the is/starts idle maybe that’s what I was missing

Feel free to PM (private message) me the whole script of where you are doing a choice inside a choice if you don’t want to share it publicly and we will solve it :+1:

That’s very very nice of you. Will do so because it’s still not working

Umh I’m new to this site I have no idea how to pm you I’m sorry…

1 Like

I PM’d you, don’t worry :+1:

But if you click on a user, it’ll say Message. You can select that and send them something privately. You can even message a group of people, add others to a message or remove yourself from one you didn’t create. Can remember this for next time :heart:

1 Like

Bump :heart:

1 Like

:sparkling_heart: :two_hearts: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :joy: Will never forget! :star_struck: :heart_eyes: Love you too!!! :sparkling_heart: :yellow_heart: :dizzy:

1 Like

Bump :cake2: :yay:

1 Like

Bump :nerd_face:

1 Like