HOW TO: Choosing Genders! (ADVANCED)

coding
community
mustread
general

This would be very advanced, but I’ve found a way I could make it more simple for beginners to understand.

1. Go onto the web portal and make a male and a female character, make sure to give them proper names! After that, go to the portal and give them the choice to pick their gender.

2. In those choices insert two different labels, one for male and one for female. (Make sure to add an extra label on both of them, that label will be the one where in the story, their character shows up as the gender they chose.) Also make sure you gain both of them for the next episode.

choice “Female”{

gain female

goto female_custom

goto female_story
}
“Male”{

gain Male

goto male_custom

goto male_story
}

1. Make for example, the male version of the story in the label “male_story” once you have completed that version, copy the script for it and paste it into an empty episode script. Hit Ctrl+F and search up the male characters name in all caps. Once you have done that, Click “All” and there should be a whole bunch of lines that you use to type? Can’t really explain them but it doesn’t matter. Just backspace until the names gone and put your female characters name in replacement. Then just scroll down the to the bottom and select it all then copy it and then close the tab, it will give you a pop up warning saying it will delete progress, but you will need the progress deleted so you can do your second episode.

2. Now that your back onto your episode 1 script type underneath the last line of text your female label and then paste the script underneath.

3. This is where the gain comes into play, on the next episode do this:

if (Male){

goto male_story

goto ending
}
else{

goto female_story

goto ending
}

I use a different way of remembering choices, though this is your best way of doing it. I might start doing it this way idk :T but my other way works fine for me e,e

Btw the second label is for the ending/outro

I hope this helped you guys out and goodbye :3

PS: I don’t know if you can gain within a gain, but you should be able to (will update this comment)

You cannot have 2 goto’s right after each other like that, especially inside of a choice or if/elif/else statement. Also, a goto should always be the very last thing inside of brackets, otherwise you will get errors in your script. So those gains need to be before the goto.

This is how it should be formatted:

Thanks so much Dara.Amarie!

I will edit this to inform people

I think there’s anther way to let them choose there gender :thinking::
But I don’t think is “simple” though :sweat_smile:

That is pretty true, I dunno why I thought this was for beginners e,e

LMAO you just changed it to "FOR ADVANCED PEOPLE: :joy:

Lol, I’ll change it to just advanced.

But you can actually let them chose their gender without using gains like something like this

label chose_gender

NARR
Chose your gender

choice (GENDER)
“Female”{

NARR
Are you sure you want to be a female?

choice
“Yes”{
goto female_customize
}“No”{
goto chose_gender