How to Clean a Stubborn-Stained Pan!

I know this is completely random, but I wanna share what I learned at 3 am in the morning!

So I buy bacon, but I never eat it for breakfast, but I eat it as a 2 am sometimes. It was around 2-3 am in the morning and I was in the kitchen cooking bacon.
The pan I used was not a non-stick pan, so I had to use a regular pan. When you fry with these kinds of pans, the stains are annoying and difficult to wash off. I’m used to cooking with a non-stick pan, so I didn’t know how to clean it :thinking:

I tried researching ways, and I saw you can do it with baking soda and vinegar. However, I don’t have baking soda and I couldn’t find any vinegar. But I thought, since vinegar is acidic, maybe orange juice might be able to be a good sub because orange juice is also acidic.
I put orange juice in the pan and I let it sit for 20 minutes and OMG IT WORKED :scream:
The stain stripped off so easily!!!
I was really happy, so I called my friend to celebrate my accomplishment.

So if you don’t have baking soda or vinegar, use orange juice if you have it!
If you already know this or it’s already a thing, well I didn’t know :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

:joy:, a genius man, in my household we scrub scrub until it fades away :woman_shrugging:t2:.

2 Likes

Use it!! It literally wipes off so easily! Saves water too! :grin:

1 Like

Omg good job!!

1 Like

That’s true :joy: Imma try it out!

1 Like

Hehe thanks! :grin:

1 Like

Lmk if it works!! If it doesn’t, then probably only for bacon stains :joy:
To be sure, at least 20 minutes!

1 Like

I gave up on cleaning stained pans, lol. My mom just got one of those pans where food slides right off. But we only have one of those pans, so I’ll have to try this out. Thank you!!

1 Like

No problem!! :grin:

1 Like

This thread is so random but very helpful lol I don’t think I have orange, will it work with lime? :thinking:

1 Like

Hmm, thats a lot of limes to squeeze, or probably at least 2 lime juice bottles to buy (depending on size of the pan), but I think it will work because lime juice is more acidic than orange juice :thinking:

1 Like

Oh you need a lot of it? I only have fresh lime :rofl: I think I’ll try on smaller pan first hahaha

1 Like

Just enough juice to cover the entire stain! I think buying fresh limes and squeezing it is much cheaper than a bottle of it because a pound is a couple cents (USD) and a lime juice bottle is a few dollars to around 10’s depending on size but that also depends on how much you use :thinking:
If you do want to go buy juice to help you clean, I recommend a bottle of orange juice instead since it’s cheaper than a bottle of like juice!

Lol I sound like a mom haha but I’m just a very cheap person :joy:

1 Like

lmao this is such a mood

2 Likes

Bwahahaha okay then, thanks for the super helpful tips. I’ll try it :rofl:

1 Like

I sound like a mom :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

No problem!!

1 Like

Bump for anyone who might need it :yay:

Bump! :two_hearts: