HOW TO: Color Code and Lock A Choice

Hey :sunglasses:

I didn’t know what to name this but if you’re looking to put a lock on a choice or have it gold colored, you’ve come to the right place!

So here’s what it looks like in your script:

JemU776%20Colored%20Choice%20Script

P.S This is just an example ^^
And yeah I know it says GEM instead of JEM, it’s fine, just ignore :smiley:

For the locked choice, you can use it to unlock special scenes or if you don’t want the reader to choose a certain hairstyle (or feature), you can use this choice BUT if you add a lock to it, the reader can still make it past the choice, sadly, so you need to add something that prevents them like a goto leading to a label it shares the same name with (ex. goto short_hair would lead to label short_hair and goto long_hair would lead to label long_hair and so on). You can have as many goto short_hair and goto long_hair that you want within an episode but only one label long_hair and one label short_hair since duplicate labels aren’t allowed, but duplicate gotos are fine. Can read more gotos and labels here: HOW TO: Labels and Gotos 🖤 :hibiscus:

Anyways, this is what it would translate into on the Web Previewer:

JemU776%20Colored%20Choice%20Options

Yes, it works in ink before you ask that question since script commands are same for the styles, only difference is animation names, clothing items and CC options ^^ So, just to repeat, this was tested on the web previewer. When you’re testing your story, you should test it on the app as well, as sometimes there may be differences between the two and the app is more accurate.

I’ve also talked about it on my thread here: JemU776's Help Thread but this is basically it :black_heart:

Another thing!

How To Select Speechbubble Color

choices%20bubblecolor%2000

Choices For Slated Themed Speechbubbles

Choices For Blue Speechbubbles

Choices For Purple Speechbubbles

Choices For Pink Speechbubbles

Anyways, hope this helps and good luck XOXO :lollipop: :candy:

43 Likes

bookmark! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Bump :kiss:

Bump <3

How do you do code or whatever like I can only do it on the app

Do you mean like how to color code and lock a choice or how to begin coding? :smiley:

Can a locked choice be gold? or can only remain grey?

Well a locked choice in some cases has a padlock (however you need to lock it by writing code because they can still go past it) but you can prevent readers from selecting a golden choice based on previous choices or something like that (the golden choice is locked, they can’t get past it, because you teased them, it’s not available yet or they chose something else before and as a result can’t get the bonus golden choice, so they can’t get past it, it’s locked for them)

Hope this makes sense :hugs:

1 Like

Yes, It makes sense.
Thank you :heartpulse:

1 Like

Bump <3 And bookmarked :wink:

1 Like

Thank you :kissing_cat:

1 Like

Bump :cake4:

B
Bu