How to continue a story with the players custom character name

Okay, so I have successfully given the reader the option to customise their own character, however I am not sure how to input into the script the name that the reader creates for their character. I would like them to be able to keep their own name for the whole story but I need a little help on how to input it into a limelight script? Someone help asap please.

2 Likes

If you changed the display name to Name then use [NAME] when wanting to call them it

Is that using the display name Name in the story? So do I change the name of the character in the script itself for the custom character?

1 Like

Currently, even when they change their name it comes up in the rest of my script as LIGHTFEMALEAVATAR

1 Like

Preview it on your phone

I did its still light female avatar on there also

1 Like

Can i see your script for the name choosing part and what is her display name?

I just changed the display name to [NAME] and I will screenshot the part of my script for name choosing give me a moment ^^

Get rid of all the ‘first’ and make sure the display name doesnt have the brakets that brakets are for metioning the name during a character speaking

Ok so the display name just needs to be NAME?

1 Like

Yes

Okay thanks

1 Like

Would this be correct then?

1 Like

That should work

It did, thank you so much for your help ^^

1 Like

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since it’s about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink: