How to cope with a burnout/no motivation?

The reason I made this is because I know other people feel like this too and I was wondering how people managed to cope?

I struggled to make any progress with the first episode of my story even though, I have a decent idea down on what will happen but I just find it hard to do.

I have so many more ideas for different stories but I want to try take off but I seem to be getting nowhere.

The amount of times I’ve stayed up all night to code (On school nights) and then deleted them after because I didn’t like them.

I don’t know how to get motivation anymore and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get it back?

Hopefully that makes sense.

3 Likes

For me personally when I run out of motivation I just take a step back and focus on the other things in life and wait for the time to get the motivation back. It can take a week or month but I want to create the best content I can for the readers. Another way to get the motivation back is to do some of the following:

• Do something your characters would do, act like them for a day
  • Classic: Listen to music, watch movies, read books, etc.
  • Make a mood board for your story or characters
  • Write a different scene in the story or something totally different and out of the plot for your characters
  • Anything to make you feel relaxed or calm
  • Talking to someone about your characters or plot
  • Writing a letter between two characters & add some cool writing styles!

I also have a post of my own I created about the same thing & got some great advice back from some people! Here’s the post if you’d like to check it out!

If you ever want to talk about ideas for your stories or anything else you can always PM me to chat anytime! Hopefully these all help you overcome your burnout/loss of motivation! :llama: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about writing Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Hey PhoebeT,

What @Episode_amber3 mentioned are very good advices. But I’d like to mention something else: Take a break!! We authors are just as human as the readers. Just saying, because some readers forget that authors are no robots writing non-stop for 24 hours at a day. I have also times I lack of motivation to write… Take a break do something (totally) else (like walking the dog, cat or your baby brother. :clown_face: ) and after a few days the inspiration will come back. Just believe in yourself and don’t force yourself to write. You are here to write, because you like to write. If you get some negative fan mails, don’t let it get you.

For the rest don’t stop writing and don’t hesitate to ask me for more help by PM at this forum or DM on instagram (if you have instagram → @angelwings_1983 ).

Love A-W

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.