How to create overlays?

Hi, I want to make wolf overlays myself with photoshop, but I don’t really know how. I loved the one’s from story “Whiskey”, author Mikayla (I don’t know if the name is the same in this forum and even if she uses it). Maybe someone can give me tips on how to make them?

you can get overlay from pngtree.com. i think thats the name.

You can also get them from

https://www.pexels.com/

How do these pages work? 'Cus I only see regular photos and pictures there and not overlays.

you have to type in the name of the image that you want in the search box.

go to pngtree.com.

Once u get their, type in the name of the image in the box then it will pop up then you can download the image.

All of the images that are transparent in pngtree.com you can use and they can be overlays.

1 Like

Thank you :hugs: And Happy Halloween :ghost:

1 Like

np, if u need anymore help, let me know, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

1 Like

If you go to pixabay.com , you can search up images that can be used as overlays, too (png files). When you’re typing in something, you’ll notice the word “images” on the side next to the search bar.
Just click on it and scroll through the options (choose vector graphics) as that is the best option if you want to come across images that don’t come with a background.
(I mean even if you’re on images, you’ll still find cool overlays but this just gives you way more options)
Type in anything you want (ex. pumpkin)
Scroll through them and find ones you like (and these images are free of use, you can find the license located on the right side of them)

When you select an image, you’ll see a grey and white checkered background-bingo, that’s exactly what you want for your image, since it comes without a background.

When you download it and view it, it’ll have no background : )

Anyways, hope this helps and good luck!

P.S Happy Halloween :orange_heart:

2 Likes

just like that! my fingers hurt!:persevere::raised_hands::+1:

2 Likes

Merci beaucoup :smirk: :facepunch:

1 Like

:ok_hand::fist:

1 Like

type something u want in google then type png after if the pic has that white + grey background before u click on it its fake

if u click on it (and before u do it’s white/black) and that bg appears its goo to use

2 Likes

Thank you so much, I’ll try that right away! I’m currently in pngtree.com but I have to register there, wel I did, and it requires verification from my email but it seems I’m not getting any verification codes/links as I haven’t received one in almost 5min now :thinking:

But thank you, really, for this detailed info, Happy Halloween to you too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

be careful taking images off google. like lets say pintrest. that is not a public domain site, but u can still find png images on sites that are public domain.

1 Like

I will, thank you :relieved:

1 Like

most ppl are aware :slight_smile: u can always check the site youre getting ur pic from

2 Likes

yep

1 Like

Well, pngtree.com only gave me 2 free downloads :woman_shrugging::sweat_smile:

check pixabay.com as well.

1 Like