HOW TO: Custom Poses

Hi, I decided to make a small tutorial on how I do custom poses. This tutorial is for simple custom poses. :white_heart: :blob_hearts:

Software:
Photoshop CC. Gimp is a free alternative.

Quality:
Set the scene up in the writer’s portal, select the animations you want to use for your custom poses, then grab a clear screenshot of the character from the app. Make sure to not use background colors that match the character’s outfit. You will probably need more than 1 screenshot.

Tutorial - Step 1:

Open your screenshot in photoshop.

• Click File, then open.
  • Your image will open, then what you need to do is hit Ctrl + A then Ctrl + C, then you will hit file (new) the sizes should say something like 1242x2208, click on create and hit Ctrl + V

• Now you need to use the magic wand tool.

Looks like this,

• Once you click on that. Start erasing the background from the character. The photos are below.

Before.

After.

Tutorial - Step 2:

Choice Methods.

• Lasso tool.
  • Crop tool.

Lasso tool:
To zoom in use Atl and scroll up with the mouse or hit the zoom key on the left-hand side.

Once you’re ready to cut the limb off. Do this, Ctrl + C, then hit the move key.

Crop method:

Crop 1 (2)_LI

Hit the crop tool, then start cropping at the area you want.

Once you like it, hit enter or hit the checkmark.

Info

Tutorial - Step 3:

The creating part.

Place the cut out limbs on top of the character. Do forget to erase any white, black, pink lines around the limbs. You can do this by using the easer tool.

Finished Product:

If you have any questions, please ask away! I hope this helps somehow :blob_hearts: - Here is another tutorial you can follow.

Please do not use this character, by the way. :kissing_closed_eyes:

42 Likes

@LiyahxWrites These are great!

If anyone needs help with custom poses don’t feel bad to ask me!

7 Likes

You can do this with faces as well.

Step one -

Grab the lasso tool.

Start to select the areas that you want from the character’s face.

Remember to Ctrl + C, then hit the move key. (You don’t always have to use the move key)

Paste the eyes on the character’s face using Ctrl + C

Here are the end results.

Sometimes you need to use the transfer tool. Let me know if you want to see a step by step on that.

14 Likes

By using the easer tool. It’s a bit time consuming, but that’s the only way I know how.

4 Likes

when you have to pay

f*kn mint

5 Likes

Gimp is a free alternative to Photoshop.

I have no idea. I only use the easer to clean the white lines.

3 Likes

Cleaning the overlays:

Step one.

• Zoom in so you can see better. (Optional)
  • Grab the eraser tool.
    Earser Tool (2)_LI
  • Depending on the size of the overlay and how thick the pink lines are. I put my eraser size on 10

Right-click on the image and change the size and the brush or you can change the sizes on the menu bar.

If you ever come to a point where the eraser is to big.

• Change the size to 1-7

Finished Product:

Overlay:

Neutral 02

If you want this. You can have it. Credit for this is optional. “Limb overlay made by @LiyahxWrites or @xxLoveAaliyah on IG and/or the forums”

7 Likes

HOW TO: Using Gimp.

Tutorial made by @XxAlphaBetaxX :blob_hearts: :eggplant:

9 Likes

Would anyone like to see anything else? I guess this turned into a tutorial thread. It’s fun to help, lmao.

5 Likes

I tried it, how’s this?

2 Likes

That looks amazing!! :black_heart: When I want to erase the white from the hair. I will go over the hair with the color of the hair, to hide the white out. Or sometimes I will paint it black and then start to erase. I’ll make a tutorial soon.

3 Likes

I’ll try that! And I can’t wait to see the tutorial soon. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Of course :black_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

HOW TO: Cleaning the lines around the hair.

Step one:

• Grab the eyedropper tool.
    Eyedropper (2)_LI
  • Grab the color of the hair. I recommend grabbing the darker part of the hair.
  • Then grab your brush which is the last tool on the photo above.
  • Go back to the main layer, then zoom in to your liking.

Step two.

• Then I grab the eraser tool and start erasing those black lines around the hair.
  • Disclaimer: I usually paint and erase as I go because I find it easier and I like the results more. But, for tutorial sake, I’m doing it this way.

Finished Product:

I don’t do this for all hairstyles, only the ones that have too much visible background left on it. Hopefully, this helps! Feel free to ask questions and what you like to see next. :blob_hearts:

6 Likes

bump :woman_zombie:

2 Likes

Bump!! :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

bump! I’ll do a tutorial on layers in a few days.

A Youtube channel will be coming soon! I took a poll on Instagram. I got around 30 votes saying yes.

6 Likes

Next tutorial will be how to make custom hair, but on an iPad using Photoshop!

4 Likes

nobody probably cares, but I’ve been having a migraine for nearly two weeks now so I haven’t been on my computer nor my iPad. I’ll update this once I start to feel whole again :pleading_face::black_heart:

3 Likes

Feel better soon!

3 Likes