How to delete characters

Hello all! I just figured out how to delete characters when there’s no a ‘delete character’ button. In the script you have to make sure that all of their lines or name is gone. EX: if i want to delete a character named @GUY1 do control (or command on apples)and f, hit all and delete their name or exchange it for something else. Hope it helps!

5 Likes

Thanks!

awesome!

Thank you! I have the same issue, but this didnt work for me, maybe I did something wrong. please could you help?

• Remove every trace of your character from your script.
How to search and remove.
  • Ctrl+F
  • Search for your character’s name.
  • Use the arrows to go through each occurence of the name and remove the line / remove your character from the line.
  • Delete the character.
Delete and Confirm.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, worked a charm :slight_smile:

Glad to help.

Can you see the image under “How to search and remove.”?

Yeah thanks but it didn’t work for me either. What do I do then?

1 Like

what do you mean it didn’t work? Hm…

Oh it worked. I just had to do it again.

It never worked for me at all here’s a pic:

Since she’s the narrator she’s mixing up the commands

1 Like

I also can’t delete the narrator

In your script make sure there is none of this
NARRATOR (NARRATOR)
Hey

It does allow you to delete the character if you just have the narrator speaking w/o the actual NARRATOR character there you just have to look a bit harder to find them all b/c trust me, I miss alot of them too

Mine won’t delete. I searched if there was any coding with their name and nothing was there so they are not included in my script but It won’t let me delete them.

If a character isn’t in the script, the delete button will appear.

Did you use Ctrl + F to search?

• Text is in the script.
  • Text isn’t in the script.
2 Likes

Thank you! It seems like it didn’t load correctly yesterday because I had the edit characters and my coding on two different tabs.

Hi guys! I could really use some help. There isn’t any delete button in my edit characters even if the character is not in my script. HELP!!!

Did you do this:

??

1 Like

Did you used that character before? And then removed the character

At the time, the character was not in the story at all. Also sorry about the late reply

1 Like