🚗 HOW TO: Drive into / Drive Off the scene with Character inside

Hello!
I’m sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly does this code do?

The first spot is to make her walk offscreen I belive, the last one to enter the car.

But what does the spot in the middle do?

Love,
Sahra

I think this way looks visually better. So she’s not walking straight from spot to the car and like going around the car first then entering the car. I will try to break it for you :smiley:

So when she’s here which looks like this:

sss

if she would walk to the car from this spot she would enter the car from the back which looks weird to me

so after she walks off I place her near the car which is this spot you’re talking about:

off

so she’s entering the car from the side which is this one:

Hope this is a bit clearer if not let me know :smiley: :hugs:

1 Like

I think I got it!
Thank you so much for the effort and for this guid ((:

1 Like

No problem :grin: and I’m glad you asked because it might be not clear for some people so I hope this helps to understand why I did it this way.

I am using the background EXT. MOUNTAIN ROAD CAR LOOP - DAY.
Can we anyhow make the scene go faster because I want to show that they are driving really fast but the background moves slower than a tortoise?

1 Like

You need to upload background as an overlay and loop it yourself with the speed you want.

I recommend Dara’s topic, she made a few overlays and codes you can use:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

How do make the silver car drive over EXT. DAD’S HOUSE - DAY, stop midway through zone 4, and drive off? Nothing I do works

what’s your code?

1 Like

@MerryMirrors try this:

&CASEY walks to spot 0.614 85 108 in zone 2 in 2 AND CASEY faces right AND CASEY does it while idle
@overlay POLICE CAR shifts to -231 -2 in zone 2 in 2 AND pan to zone 2 in 2

1 Like

is he in the car while it’s off screen?

can you send me a video of this scene on IG or here on the PM?

1 Like
EXT. DAD'S HOUSE - DAY with CAR ANGLE SILVER
@pause for a beat
#@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER shifts to -1692 23
#@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER scales to 0.802 0.802
#@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER shifts to -534 27
#@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER scales to 0.802 0.802
@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER shifts to 42 -1 in 1
@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER scales to 0.802 0.802
#pan to zone 4
@MC spot 0.992 -205 73 in zone 4 AND MC faces left AND MC starts idle_terrified_loop_rear
&pan to zone 4

This is what I have, commented out half of it tho

you know that this is only 3 zone background so if you pan to zone 4 it will be black background, did you read my guide above?

it didn’t work if I panned to zone 3, not sure why

you need to place your car and character offscreen left in zone 1, then cut to zone 3 and place where your car will stop (this will be your driving in scene) and then place your car off screen in zone 3 (drive off scene)

uh so i tried that and
03%20PM

Use my example script from the top of the thread to see how it should look like and adjust the placement to your scene :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried this with two characters driving, but one appears after the other.

EXT. LOS ANGELES STREET - DAY with CAR ANGLE SILVER at layer 1 to 1.000 -935 -22
@transition fade in
@DESTINY spot 1.280 -440 -165
@DESTINY moves to layer -1
@DAMARIS spot 1.280 -563 -171
@DAMARIS faces right
@DAMARIS moves to layer 0
@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER shifts to -117 -55 in 3 AND DESTINY walks to spot 1.280 336 -174 in 3 AND DESTINY is idle
AND DAMARIS walks to spot 1.280 209 -187 AND DAMARIS is idle

Is there something wrong?

hmmm… :thinking:

I think it’s because you didn’t time his action

Try:
@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER shifts to -117 -55 in 3 AND DESTINY walks to spot 1.280 336 -174 in 3 AND DESTINY is idle AND DAMARIS walks to spot 1.280 209 -187 in 3 AND DAMARIS is idle

1 Like