🚗 HOW TO: Drive into / Drive Off the scene with Character inside

let me check

check how this work out for you

@cut to zone 2
@MADDIE spot 1.280 -500 -121 in zone 1
@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER shifts to -1029 8 in zone 1
@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER scales to 1.000 1.000
@pause for a beat
&MADDIE walks to spot 1.280 113 -138 in zone 2 in 3.595 AND MADDIE does it while idle
@pause for 1.45
@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER shifts to -398 -5 in zone 2 in 3.0 using easeout
@overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER scales to 1.000 1.000

okay! even if it won’t, thanks for putting in the effort! ill try right now.

it didn’t work

works for me, what’s wrong?

I have a problem. My characters don’t move off screen with the car, i tried everything but i can’t understand how to solve this.

I have a problem, My car moves, but it moves backwards not forwards. I’ve tried to fix it, but it won’t work

Nvm, I fixed it

super helpful thank you! :slight_smile:

For some reason when I’m previewing my story (in the app) my characters are moving faster than the car and I put them both on 3.0 anybody know why?

Yes, this has to do with distance. Both the overlay and the character start at point A before being shifted to point B. If the character is closer to point B than the overlay, the character will get there first even if you’re using the same timer. This happens because most people just push the overlay and the character offscreen instead of placing them in a specific spot offscreen. If you notice, on the guide the director made sure to zoom out and place the character correctly.

So I would have to have the characters and the overlay at the EXACT same end spot?

No, what I’m saying is that you need to make sure your character is placed correctly when it’s offscreen. Like in the example:

copy%20spots

I don’t understand. And I’m having the car be on screen then drive off screen

Oh well the same rule applies, only in reverse. Why don’t you pm me and I can take a look at your code directly.

THANK YOU so much! <3

1 Like

Hi, I got my car to enter onto the screen but the background keeps moving.

Oh never mind. I was using a car background. XD

Hi. So I did everything you said and now it works pretty well. But now I want my character to get out of the car and goes and stands in front of her apartment door, but it doesn’t work at all!!

EXT. GRAYSONHEIGHTS - NIGHT with CAR ANGLE SILVER

&cut to zone 2
&zoom on 640 171 to 135% in 0
&overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER shifts to -616 1 in zone 2 in 0
&overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER scales to 0.807 0.807 in zone 2 in 0
@THEA changes into THEA_default
&THEA spot 0.877 -273 15 AND THEA faces right
&THEA moves to layer 1
&TAXI DRIVER spot 0.907 -197 19 AND TAXI DRIVER faces right

@transition iris in black 2

@pause for 2

&THEA walks to spot 0.877 149 15 in 3.0 AND THEA does it while idle
&TAXI DRIVER walks to spot 0.901 233 19 in 3.0 AND TAXI DRIVER does it while idle
&overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER shifts to -183 -2 in zone 2 in 3.0
&overlay CAR ANGLE SILVER scales to 0.807 0.807 in zone 2 in 3.0

sound car_off

@pause for 2

@THEA spot 0.617 150 242 AND THEA faces right

My character doesn’t move to the spot I want :frowning:

your driving scene lasts for 3 sec and you put pause only for 2 sec, try change it to @pause for 3.1