How to "fade" in characters?

I’m really having trouble with this, I read the guide and I don’t understand the “bg_overlay” thing. Since, I want my character to fade in behind another character, I have it all planned out but I want her to fade in. Can anyone please help me? Thank you so much! <3

But, not exactly “fade” in, just to change its opacity.

Here a guide on this subject:

Yeah, but I really don’t get it. I am having issue with that. Yeah, I forgot to mention that. :laughing:

So basically you want to cut out a section of the background your using (the section where you’re character will be located) and upload it as an overlay. Then you add the overlay in front of the character and changes the opacity of the overlay. This will make it look like the character is faded.

Yeah, but the true is…oh god. This sounds so embrassing. :laughing: But, I am using the “INT. BLACK- DAY” background and I don’t know how that is going to work! It sounds really dumb, hey if it doesn’t work. I already got a Plan B. :wink:

So then you’ll just need to cut out a bit of black.

I’ll hold that off for now until I get a bit more advanced for that, I’ll just go for Plan B. Thank you for trying though, at least I learned something! :))

Its nothing too advanced. You should try it. If you have any further issues, I can help. But if you’re sure Plan B will be best, then thats cool too.

1 Like

Do you think I should have someone do the cutting out the black part? Cause, I really don’t know much about it. :thinking:

If you want. But really you just need a black rectangle.

2 Likes

@Sydney_H You can close this, it’s been solved.

1 Like

upload this as an overlay. It’s what I used :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, thank you. I didn’t expect this! :laughing: I’ll see if I can do this, if not…thank you still. I’ll credit you if it works! :slight_smile:

No need for credit xx

Topic closed by OP request. :smiley: