How to get characters to walk without actually walking

So, basically I wanted my character to move walk while she’s not actually walking as she had already done an animation and I wanted her to move after doing that but still in that pose, you know without having to do the animation again. Is that possible?

1 Like

@CHAR walks to spot in T AND CHAR does it while animation

1 Like

I already tried that, I don’t want the character to move while doing the animation though, I want her to move after she’s already done an animation.

1 Like

Oh, then do this.
@CHAR walks to spot in T AND CHAR is walk THEN CHAR is animation

2 Likes

That still wouldn’t work because she’s doing the animation after she’s finished walking. I searched it up and I don’t think it’s possible to do what I’m asking but thanks anyway :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe just move your character by changing its spot without walking? :thinking:

@CHARACTER spot % X Y

1 Like

See, I thought that too but if I do then she’ll just pop that place but if I try and put a time on it, it comes up as an error/warning so I’m thinking that it’s not something that you’re able to do but I could’ve sworn that I saw some people do it on their stories but maybe not idk

2 Likes

@CHAR walks to spot % x y in T AND CHAR does it while idle

1 Like

Is it possible to move a character without walking but instead of using idle, using a laughing animation? :thinking: Like, my character is being dragged by another, but when I code:

@SEBASTIAN faces left AND SEBASTIAN walks to spot 0.873 -56 187 in zone 2 AND SEBASTIAN does it while walk_neutral AND LUCIA walks to spot 0.819 20 204 in zone 2 AND LUCIA does it while is laugh_guffaw

It says it isn’t a valid command. :woman_shrugging:

And in answer to the main question it seems like you have to put your character doing the animation and then make them “walking” while using the idle animation, like this:

@CHARACTER is animation THEN CHARACTER walks to spot X Y Z AND CHARACTER does it while idle

Hope it works :woman_shrugging::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

delete is

1 Like

Thank you! It worked!!! :grin: But now they’re doing it too fast and even though I tried timing their walking, the laughing animation is not working anymore. :thinking: Besides, she’s facing the direction she’s supposed to if she was actually walking, but in my scene in which what I want is the effect as if she’s being dragged, she has to face the opposite direction of the walking, how do I do this? Now the coding is:

@SEBASTIAN faces left AND SEBASTIAN walks to spot 0.873 -56 187 in zone 2 in 3 AND SEBASTIAN does it while walk_neutral AND LUCIA walks to spot 0.819 20 204 in zone 2 AND LUCIA does it while laugh_guffaw

1 Like

Thanks for your input but I kinda found a way to make it work without it looking weird. ;D

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.