How to get more reads? šŸ’•

:hugs: hugs :blob_hearts:

1 Like

What helped me the most, even though you might not consider my number of reads that bigšŸ˜…, was promoting it and upgrading it as often as I could. Readers like those stories which get new chapters almost every week and with promotion itā€™s easier for them to find your story. You can promote it here under ā€˜Promote your storyā€™ and maybe do some R4Rs if you want, again you can find here authors open for R4Rs.
I know how it is at the beginning, itā€™s pretty hard to get people to read your story, but after some time the reads will come.

1 Like

Yea i tried doing promote your story but that didnā€™t go so well :joy:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, but again there are other ways to make your story noticed.

I think as a first time author, itā€™s really hard to get reads. And there are several reasons why:

1. You are new to the community: Stories that are popular are because the authors have written stories before and gained the audience and knowledge for their next story. New authors are pretty much nobodies until they have gained the necessary ā€œfaithfulā€ audience.

2. The coding skills: When you are new to something, you tend to make mistakes and your skill in advance directing isā€¦ poor compared to other successful stories.

3. Promoting: This too ties very closely with the audience you gain from previous stories. A majority of successful writers have commissioned pieces and all while us new writersā€¦ are dirt poor or (if we have the money) donā€™t know who to trust when it comes to making art. Their social media platform is also very well known amongst the Episode community.

4. Lastly experience. As you continue to write your story, you learn the things you should do and the things you shouldnā€™t. You learn ways to make your story more compelling and to make the plot flow more naturally.

So my advice, continue writing, donā€™t give up, be active in this community, maybe try to up your game when it comes to promoting (like getting better covers) and lots and LOTS of patience.

Donā€™t trust everything I say. Iā€™m just some low key writer in this community, writing a trope that isnā€™t even popular in the Episode realm. Iā€™m just relaying what I have observed.

4 Likes

True your telling true story @KanaMoon :blob_hearts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.