How to get motivated?

no offense but i don’t get how you get YoUr stANdaRd high that ways

1 Like

I just realised my playlist is ‘My songs’ lol :joy: I have PM you the link you can check it out

1 Like

yup gotcha

1 Like

Tysm :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::dizzy:

1 Like

Depends if you just are not motivated or if you have writers block.

The motivation itself… the more you like what you do the more you are motivated to do it. That is the easiest motivation the direct one. Not direct motivation can be that you have some goal you want to fulfill.

Example- you can promisee to your readers to update every 2weeks. This public promise than can motivate you to write even if you ferl like watching netflix.

Other thing is writers block when you sre even trying to write but there are no ideas comming.

what can help - reread your story from the start to get more the readers feeling. Dometimes it helps me to rediscover it this way snt to get look more from distance.

Try logic- when you are stuck sometimes it might help to try analize the situation

Example your mc is in prisdon but you need her to get out somehow but you dont know how to do it to make it realistic… in duch situation you can analize can she have help or is it for the story necessary she will escape alone. If alone does she have sone spicial skills she can use? If not can there be just a luck like that guard forgot to lock her? If she can have help who suitable you have to help her… atc… By asking this stupid wuestions sometimes you can come to fresh new ideas.

If nothing helps and it maybe even stress you in my opinion watching films with similar theme or reading similar books or stories can also hive you new ideas… You can get inspiration there.

ITaking few days of is also OK… once I needed to completly stop for 14 days.

You can try to get feedback or even ask on forum gor plot twist dugestions… Some of the ideas might help you too.

1 Like

@Zoya_Fatima of course! xx
I’m glad it was helpful! my PM’s are always open :grin: I’ll follow you back!

1 Like

No offense taken at all!
Especially since it’s my fault i gave a wrong idea with that sentence. I was tired and on a rush and didn’t double check my reply. Turns out it sounded a lot better in my head.
Basically what i meant to say is that there may be just a few guys in the Episode community, but they’re all great people, friendly and ready to help!
(also appreciate the Spongebob meme)

1 Like

i get it :+1:t4:

damn me for not knowing what meme you are talking about :neutral_face:

ThiS KiNd Of wRItiNg dates back to when

Summary

IMG_20201210_210428
This Spongebob meme was around

Don’t call me an oldie now, it’s last year we are talking about :rofl:

1 Like

haha right definetly an oldie :laughing:

i was just getting prepped for the fight that time okay , thought if you would be one of those idiot ass boys which YOU ARE NOT (as far as I think)

again no offense lol

1 Like

I’m probably the less fightable person in the world, i’m more like a plushie.

Also: i’m kind of an idiot, i have an ass and i am a boy, does that still count?

1 Like

haha i get it and yes it does or doesn’t based on if you want it too :joy:

I sit down in front of my laptop, blast some music and start coding, over time I get more into it. I make sure to turn off the notifications on my phone, to have no distractions. I listen to songs from movies like Grease/ Mamma Mia. I prefer energetic songs rather than slow and sad ones. Recently I’ve been playing some christmas hits.

Here are some songs I play a lot while coding:

If you like these, I could reccomend more.

2 Likes

Here’s my list of cures in no particular order: running, walking, swimming, hiking, watch tv, try not to focus on writing ideas, go out and do something new for inspiration.

Songs: all the thing she said (animated remix), Heart Breaker by Pat Benetar, any techno, and episode sounds usually help me write a scene cause it’s like I can see it play out when I do that.

MOST IMPPORTANTLY DON’T STRESS YOURSELF OUT ABOUT IT AND ROLE WITH IT

2 Likes

When I’m feeling unmotivated, I start writing down potential ideas to flesh my story out more. Usually I find inspiration in my new ideas or the improvement in my already existing ideas.

A more aggressive approach I take is even if I don’t necessarily wanna write, I’ll do it anyway and somewhere along the lines my inspiration takes over :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

thank you so much will definetly look out to those songs

1 Like

yeah i do the other one that sometimes help
thanks tho :orange_heart:

yeah these songs seem to be completely opposite to those i hear
i listen to slow and songs with feel (i know boring but i enjoy them) haha but i will defnetly listen to this playlist i lve it when people exchange playlists with me :grin: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I usually like to read episode stories, or try to go back to the place where I came up with this story idea.
For example: For the story i’m currently writing I came up with the idea for it when I was laying in bed. So if I were to have writers block I would just go lay in my bed with the lights off and turn my phone off.

1 Like

OOhhh that’s something
thanks tho