How to get rid of a bad habit: quitting a story midway

So I have a really bad habit of quitting writing/scripting my story midway of writing it, there’s no particular reason but I just come up with so many good ideas- and I quit and start writing with those good ideas. It’s a constant loop and really frustrating to deal with. I want to get rid of it but don’t know how. Someone help me please!

7 Likes

Do you think it’s because you want to make a good expression on your story.

I honestly don’t know.

1 Like

Just write whatever your fingers want, you can write the worst story ever, but you accomplished something, and that’s all that matters, don’t worry about what other people think. If that’s not the case, don’t worry about what you think, just go with what your fingers tell you to.

2 Likes

That’s actually really good advice! Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

No problem have a great day. :grin::grin:

1 Like

My advice would be to try writing short stories. Like ones where you can plan the ending within three-five episodes. I have a few of them and I think it helps give readers reassurance that you are capable of finishing a story, so that when you are motivated to attempt a longer one, they’ll have faith in you to finish it also

8 Likes

I do the same exact thing!!! :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

A trick I use is not to publish a story unless it’s complete. The fact I cannot share my story unless it’s actually finished motivates me to finish it.

5 Likes

Another thing you could try is to work on two stories in parallel. I did this with my first two stories and it worked well to me because whenever I got bored of one them, I just switched to the other one. The first was a longer story, while the second was a little shorter and this way I managed to finish them almost at the same time without becoming unmotivated. I would do it again if I had the time.

8 Likes

Slap yourself in the face really hard.

I know that sounds really stupid, but it works.

Every time you even think about stopping, slap yourself as hard as you can. After you do that, maybe you’ll be so paralyzed with fear that you won’t give up. :joy:

3 Likes

The best tip I ever heared for Writers Block, Good Job! :joy:

1 Like

I’ve been through this multiple times during my Episode life. It sucks because I love writing, and I hate stopping in the middle of a story. It breaks me :disappointed:

1 Like