HOW TO: Get The End of An Animation

OK, so first of all these three are the most common animations (in ink) and their endings look like:

Shush

Flirt_Fingersnap

Scream

I’m going to show you how to get their endings only.

There are two ways.

Stuff you need to understand before doing this:

Zooms: Spot Directing (Moving Characters Around)
Spot Directing: Spot Directing (Moving Characters Around)
Spot Walking: Spot Walking (Walking w/Spot Direction)
Stage Direction: HOW TO: Stage Direction
Script Symbols: Script Symbols/Commands and What They're Used For

All right-y, the first way to have your character do the end of an animation is zoom on another character or area and have the desired character that you want to do the end of an animation start it while you’re zoomed somewhere else and then zoom back on them after a while, so their expression shows the end of the animation.

OR

The second way is to place a duplicate lookalike character in another zone (offscreen), have them do the animation then remove the original character and place the duplicate on the screen instead-at the same spot the original was standing (P.S make sure they have the same display name)

Doing it the first way:

I will show two examples using the end of the flirt_fingersnap animation.

An example using the first method of zooming somewhere else.

Here’s a picture:

And now I’m going to break it down:

You may need to zoom away for a longer period of time though in order to let the animation finish (I only added one line of dialogue, if tapped too fast, she may still be doing the animation so it’s best to add a few more lines of dialogue).

Anyways…

Doing it the second way:

Here’s an example using a picture:

And now I’m going to break this down:

Notice how for GLOW, it’s showing her name as STAR instead? That’s because when you create the duplicate character, you need to change their display name to the same one as the original character. Script names can’t be duplicated, but display names can be. The script name is what you write in the script but the display name is the name that is displayed (shown) to the readers and it can even be blank (so no name shows). Press save after you change their display name ^^

A big thank you to Star, she was a shining star in this tutorial and Glow absolutely glowed, like a superstar <3 <3 <3

And thank you for checking out this tutorial, you rock!
Let me know if you have any questions!

XOXO, much love :black_heart: :hibiscus:

58 Likes

P.S to have your character thinking something, you’d include () around what they’re thinking.

Example:

CHAR (animation)
(Thought goes here.)

Using this example:

JEM (think)
(Should I eat a hot pepper?)

Can read more about speech bubbles here: 💭 HOW TO: Spot direct Speech Bubble

Hope this helps ^^

7 Likes

Awesome. Your a gem! :gem::gem::gem::gem:

2 Likes

Bookmarking this!:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I feel like this should get pinned because this question gets asked so often here!

4 Likes

Thanks everyone, but it is not I who is the gem, you guys are, so encouraging :kissing_cat:

3 Likes

Too modest, Jem :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Love you :kissing_cat:

2 Likes

Agreed!

2 Likes

I hope this helps people :nerd_face: :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your support sister, I love you :kissing_cat:

Also, I’ve seen this question get asked a lot :laughing:

1 Like

Bump :kiss:

Does this work only in Ink?

So every time I try to help you out…you just leave :sweat_smile:

I don’t want to be rude because I love helping people but I’ve noticed this activity from you when you ask me something, I respond and then you…just go :pleading_face:

And to answer your question, yes, all script commands work for ink/limelight. The only difference between the two is animations(well there’s CC features and some outfits that are diff as well)

4 Likes

@JemU776
I’m so sorry
I don’t answer mostly because I don’t get the notification

Thank you

Bump :blush:

1 Like

Bump :black_heart:

Bump!

Bump… Idk