How To Get Your Self-Esteem Back

I recently got dumped by a my "friend"on Instagram.
And with it, lost all my self-esteem.
And I don’t know how to get it back.
HELP!

P.S. I really don’t care if she sees this or not, what she did was cruel and selfish.
I don’t know if I’ll ever get over it.
If she’s seeing this, I have one last thing to say:
Meliah, were you ever truly my friend?
Tag anyone you think can help me.

-Alishia

8 Likes

Ok, that’s really scary, I’m worried for you that you lost your self-esteem from losing a friend, but I think it can happen. However, I believe you’re in the wrong to call her out in this post, no matter how much you dislike her actions.

According to the Forum General Rules: “ Posting uncomfortable messages and posting negative content or creating content that paints other members in a negative or hurtful light in NOT allowed.”

I believe this message will make her very uncomfortable and paint her in a negative light.

I get it you’re upset, but instead of calling her out for all to see what she did, PM her. Discuss with her how you feel.

Sometimes when we’re super upset, we tend to post stuff we wouldn’t have posted if we cooled down.

P.S I hope everything works out for you and wishing you lots of luck. Remember, people go through bad stuff all the time, but we gotta keep standing still and find joy in life :heart:

7 Likes

I’ve tried to tell her how I feel, she just makes it about herself.
I just don’t know what to do to regain my self-esteem.
I can hardly make friends as it is…

2 Likes

@SakuraCheam and @Ara_Elle_stories
Any ideas on how I can get my self-esteem back?

2 Likes

Surround yourself with people that realize that you’re an amazing and cool as heck person?

4 Likes

@AnimeOtome
@Chocolate_Mama
@riahh30
@CrazyCaliope
They helped me when I had a problem once

9 Likes

I would love to help but my self esteem is crap myself and honestly have no idea how to get things up.

8 Likes

I think the best way to start is to stop comparing yourself with other people, cut off your social media. Get more involved in your hobbies and put your focus into it. Enhancing your skills in areas where you are good at can help you regain confidence. I feel that friends should never be the focus of your self esteem, you shouldn’t solely love yourself because of your friends or the image that your friends have of you. Love yourself because of your good qualities, because of your character, because you are you. Surround yourself with positivity and non-toxic peeps. Embrace the fact that some people may leave in your life, but the good ones will definitely stay. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I pretty much lost all of my self-esteem everytime someone say I’m worthless, useless, not including me in the team or simply ignoring me. So I’ve like 0% of self-esteem all the time.

How to regain it? I don’t really have a specific method, but I would suggest not interacting with her anymore, do more of thing you like to do, and give it time.

Hope you feel better soon. Remember we’re all here for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Firstly I am really sorry … Some people are just Terrible … secondly there are some tips maybe help you to cope with the situation … And we love you don’t worry :kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::star_struck::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::star_struck::kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::star_struck::sparkling_heart::star_struck::sparkling_heart::star_struck::sparkling_heart::star_struck::sparkling_heart::star_struck::sparkling_heart::star_struck::sparkling_heart:

1. Spend more time with supportive people (and less time with destructive people).
  2. Limit your usage of social media . Spend less time looking at a screen and more time experiencing the world around you.
  3. Meditate. Establish a regular meditation practice to inspect your thoughts, observe them, and separate yourself from them. Cultivating a sense of inner peace will go a long way towards developing healthy self-esteem.
  4. Make time to regularly say positive things/affirmations about yourself in situations where you often feel uncertain.
  5. Use failure as an opportunity to learn and grow, and seek out failure by trying new things and taking calculated risks.

Inhale confidence, and exhale doubt!!!

Confidence comes naturally with success. But success comes only to those who are confident.

Good luck.

7 Likes

I agree with this to a certain extent. Yes to cutting yourself off from your Social media, but I can’t tell you hobbies will help. This is only because I have the worst confidence in my skill (such as writing). In saying that, I have fantastic confidence in myself, my real life character. I love me!
So, I suggest staying away from your socials and be in the real world with real friends, school friends. Hang out with them. Remember, they’re the ones who have/will see you grow. You can talk with them truthfully and they can see emotion. They’re the one that’ll make you laugh when you need it.
As for self-esteem and believing in yourself, I suggest on paper or a journal. Not as a diary or thoughts on the day, NO! … Imagine that each day you are writing a letter to yourself, you are the character you’re writing to. Tell Alishia the character, what you think of them positively (nothing negative). It may take quite a few daily letters (hence why I suggested a journal) but you should slowly start to believe the words written and start to see some good changes. :grin::grin::grin:

I’m always around if you need someone to PM,
Caliope :wink:

4 Likes

Well, the simplest way would be to make even better friends, friends who actually care, Won’t it? Because if that person was so not worth your friendship, she should be the one suffering because its her loss she couldn’t be friends with such an amazing person @Allie_Diamond_Epy!

I also think spending time on your hobbies would help a lot. Also, doing good to others and being kind to them and helping them is also a good way to boost your self esteem!

5 Likes

Girl IMA tell you one thing, let that kid figure out what she missed. Follow yo dreams and become a better person in life…Then watch her try to weave her way back into your life, then you’ll know that she wasn’t worth it.

They sane thng happened to me when my ex bestie rat me out on my teacher then posted I rat her out and got her in trouble on purpose, after that no one was willing to talk to me for a week. But that only stopped me for a couple mins, I decided to get some new friends that I know won’t leave me, we even started a school band and I was the lead singer, while my new bestie @Aras_World stuck with me even when she tried to do it again in public.

All this happened because some people are fake, you’ll have to find that out at some point or another, but with real people you can get over it. Heck me and the band even going to go travel places and perform in public one day

4 Likes

And Alisha your my forum sister, I’ll always be there for you and love you, even when my account will be suspended at some point (Its going to happen at some point)

3 Likes

I’m so sorry! I know how you feel! Stay strong we’ll stay no matter what!

2 Likes

I had a friend who did the same thing. She dumped me for no exact reason and looks at me like I’m a freak.

HERE, “ FREAKS” UNTIE

3 Likes

HERE, FREAKS UNITE

2 Likes

:kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This is what I say to myself when I feel bad.

I am amazing.
I am smart.
I am beautiful.
I am me.
I love myself for being me.

It helps me, but I’m quite weird so I don’t know if it’ll help ya.

1 Like

Surround yourself with people who bring up your self-esteem. Also, for me, usually dressing or doing things in a way that help me feel confident and badass helps- though that’s only temporary. Recognize the negative components of the friendship-- oftentimes you may think some things are your fault, when in reality the other person was shitty or there were things out of your control. Although, i have to say here that if you find out you were wrong in some places during your self-reflection, you have to accept the wrongs you did and admit to them as a way to “tie up lose ends” or if possible, clear up misunderstandings and be friends again. But, use what you realize you did wrong to improve yourself in the future- this is what life is about, improving yourself through your experiences. Also, I know many have mentioned on limiting social media, but I know this is really hard to do if you’re used to it. You can always try following pages that give good advice or motivation, etc. Maybe stay off pages where you might feel prone to dragging yourself down with comparison, so use social media wisely. Also, when this happens, I highly recommend to start talking to someone regularly in real life if you are a loner like I was, not just online.

1 Like