So I’m currently writing a story, but I’m curious to know how to make it more popular and more known to people in the episode community. Any advice would be great, thanks!
hi! I’m no episode author yet , but try your best to publish chapters, ask people on the forums and IG to do r4r, maybe like make your art covers stand out etc
oh yeah and I guess as they say put a lot of effort, ask people (you would trust) to proof read so its clear and theres no error. Do advance directing, try making your own overlays etc hope that helps and good luck!!
Hey there I made a thread a while ago, that may be helpful
Writing an Episode story 101 - The key to success
Here are some advices for writing and promoting
- Never compare yourself with big authors… → You have to start somewhere. Even big authors started with 0 reads.;
- Don’t stop promoting… Even if you reach the 1k reads, you still need to promote your story. When you stop promoting after those 1k reads… Your views will stuck at 1k reads. Duh ;
- Don’t hesitate to ask for help at other authors… They had to start somewhere, too. ;
- Promote at instagram (Facebook) AND/OR on this forum (so you reach more readers);
- And don’t forget to take breaks. If you have a writer block, don’t forget your story, but take a break and think about something else for a while. But don’t force yourself to write.;
- Don’t expect you get readers immediately after you published (sounds ridiculous, but there are (starting) authors who think that if you publish magically those readers will appear out of nowhere…);
- When the first hate mail comes in don’t get demotivated. And don’t give up to write. You are here to write, because you like to write, not because that one negative person doesn’t like your story. You are here because you want to publish YOUR story. ;
- Do R4R on this forum or ask for feedback from other authors…;
- Directing advice → Don’t use exit left or right or enters left or right. It changes the size of the characters. So, children will become bigger if they exit or shrink when they enter.;
- Please, no black screens for narration → use other backgrounds and characters with animations during narration;
- Check your grammar… Before you publish, just check one more time for grammar and spelling;
- If you use your own character (authors character) don’t use it half of the story-time or a whole episode;
- Don’t use one whole episode for CC… (If you have CC in your story);
For the rest:
- Enjoy to write and don’t hesitate to ask me for more help by PM at this forum or DM on instagram (if you have instagram → @angelwings_1983 ).
Moved to Episode Fan Community since this isn’t about story ideas or reviews. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.