How-To Guide: Making and Adding Muslim Characters

It’s absolutely delicious and you should plan on trying it one time. It’s all natural ingredients. And for Ramadan, some people do get pretty grumpy. :joy: You lose a lot of weight tho. One person have tried fasting but it wasn’t during Ramadan. They have lost 4 pounds from doing so.

1 Like

We can fast outside of Ramadan and make up days for when we broke it.

1 Like

Then some people take it way too far! One time Ramadan fell on a heat wave and this girl in my school WOULDN’T listen to her imam that she was allowed to drink water. She tried to avoid it completely. She ended up fainting, and I remember her older brother telling her off, saying that Allah isn’t unreasonable. It was a really nice message that I think a lot of people miss out on

4 Likes

Are there any significant things we should know about Muslims of all sexual orientations and how it’s taken within their community? Also relationships in general? I feel like some people (including myself) don’t really know how to handle incoporating that in so they often leave their Muslim characters single.

3 Likes

Yeah, to matters for the condition. During Ramadan last year, my brother went to football camp. He had to drink water since it was hot and he had to do a lot of exercise. But we usually wake up early in the morning before the sun rises to drink water and eat. Also pray.

3 Likes

Interesting indeed. Which country your from again? Im from Singapore. I think if you dont mind we can share this thread so we can state Muslims from different countries and how they practice it. So our fellow Episode authors can learn about Muslims from various regions in the world.

Share I mean you can copy paste some info I say hehehe into your main thread. So its easier for ppl to read at a glance and get a holistic perspective :grin::grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes

Also as far as I know, if you wanna make meat or something, cooking fish for most Muslims, Sunni or Shia, is a good bet. You don’t need to prepare fish in a special Halal way, do you?

1 Like

Lolll no.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am from America. And thanks for telling me to add they can practice Islam in many countries. I have forgotten to add so.

2 Likes

What @JannahJackson said. :joy:

1 Like

That is soo cool!!! Ive never been to America. Totally opposite end of the world for me :joy:

By the way for the information, do you prefer I send here or via PM then you copy paste onto your thread?

2 Likes

Although halal meat really isn’t that hard to get hold of, so I don’t know why people complain, anyway! Halal meat has to be clean, so it’s a good thing even for non-Muslims. Loads of people in the UK eat from Halal chicken and chip shops and don’t even realise it!

One time I was at a camp where we had to cook for ourselves. It was a flat of girls and half of us were Muslim and the other half were either Christian or Agnostic. When we were ordering our food in, we told the leaders we should just get 8 portions of Halal meat because we didn’t mind at all. But no. They made the Muslim girls cook with Halal meat and not us. They had to have different cutlery, different pots and everything!

2 Likes

Pm me it if you please.

1 Like

Actually it is true. Cause its not just cleanliness.

Because Im not the shop you mean is it like a restaurant or something?

Cause if it is from a store that lile cooks meat it is true pots plates and pans seperate. Cause the cannot mix with pots and pans and plate that has been tpuch by pork irregardless if the pots and pans plates are clean.

2 Likes

There’s something I’ve lowkey always wanted to know…

Is there like an app so you always know which way to face to pray or…?

1 Like

Yup there is. Hold on I sent it here

1 Like

Yeah, in the UK, some ignorant people have a problem with Halal meat, like it’s gonna kill them or something. It drives me mad!

4 Likes

Remember, A Muslim women cannot pray when she is on her menstrual cycle.

6 Likes

That makes a lot of sense! I wondered if people just carried around a map and a compass or something… that probably sounds really silly now I’ve said it!

2 Likes

I always have that one friend who everyone comes to:

“Tasnim, where is…”

She points to the direction

1 Like