How-To Guide: Making and Adding Muslim Characters

Bump! And more support!

2 Likes

Issue To Address:
Throughout most of the time I am on Episode, people ask for characters. When I usually give them my characters, they accept it. Other times they don’t. Guess the reason why? Because I want to wear modest clothing and they say “It doesn’t fix the requirements of the role/my story” or “I don’t want my characters wearing that” or “I might not let you wear the outfit you wanted.” Here’s what I call that: Bullsh*t. Why? Because–

1. They aren’t your character. They are MINE. That’s MY character. That’s ME you are using. I am giving you permission to use myself!

2. If it doesn’t fit what you were looking for they you should have stated that before! You should have told us not to suggest our own outfits because you were gonna pick for us. Don’t tell me last minute and expect to understand :unamused:.

3. Again, it’s my character. Myself. If I want to wear a specific outfit or clothing, then let me wear it.

4. Adding modest clothing isn’t rocket science. It’s super easy. It doesn’t take you a long time to do so. Don’t come at me and say,“I will try.” You shouldn’t have to “try” you should have the capability to do so. It’s just a clothing choice, it shouldn’t take you to do a whole f*cking day of research to do it or understand. You shouldn’t have to try.

5. If you say you want a diverse cast but won’t add a Modest character or modest Muslim character, then you don’t want a diverse cast. You want a specific cast that fits what you want. If you can’t add varieties of people, only the ones you want, then it isn’t diverse my friend. You’re excluding an amount of people, or atleast people from a religion, which is just wrong.

I am not trying t come after anyone, I’m just pissed that this has happened to me countless of times. It pisses me off. :expressionless: Now everytime someone does this, I’ll just have to say:

If it’s going to be difficult for you to do it that you have to “try” then I’d prefer if you don’t use my character then.

I have no choice. It’s getting ridiculous at this point and I am tired of it. And I do mean it in a demeaning tone because this is getting me very upset.

9 Likes

Amen.
When i ask for modest wear they say no the characters not like that BUUT you gave me permission to use CC and play as me
And no modest clothes are easy they just dont wanna half the clothing i see i didnt know Episodes has LL(hoodies long jackets tights under skirts etc…)

3 Likes

It’s annoying and gets me mad. Let me be me. It’s not hard to add it.

5 Likes

Mhmn ppl have diffrent styles they should cater to tht…

3 Likes

Modest Fall Outfits For Women:

9 Likes

Are these real cuz if so i didnt know LL had hoodies :open_mouth:
i like 7 the most but they are all cute

5 Likes

Some of this text was taken from google or this forum and it was edited and I also wrote from myself.

To start with: Islam means submitting one’s will to the will of god. All creations of god submit to his will but humans are gifted with free will and with the freedom of choice. Those who submit by exercising their free will are called muslims .

For non-muslims islam is associated only with the religio-political system that started with the islamic prophet mohammad (peace be upon him) in the 7th century arabia (modern day saudi arabia).

However, muslims believe that islam is the primordial religion of god. The essential teaching of islam is that there is none worthy of worship except the one true god. All prophets of god were sent this this identical message including adam, noah, abraham, moses, jesus and mohammad (peace be upon them all). while the theology remained identical, different prophet brought different legal traditions according to the needs of the time and place of revelation.
It is in this context that islam is considered by muslims the first religion of god on earth.

Muslim means “one who submits to God” so taking that into consideration, every thing around us is a Muslim. Animals are Muslim, trees and plants, sun and moon are all Muslims ect…

Muslims can be from any part of the world , race and ethnicity. So it doesn’t matter if you want to make your muslim character white , black or any other color . It is important to know if this character is religious or not. For example there are people who call themselves muslims but they know almost nothing about this religion . Religious muslims know about islam and complete their obligations such as praying 5 times a day , remaning clean and having a good hygiene, fasting, being kind to others and helping , gaining knowledge ( it is very important to have knowledge about things ) .

Not all Muslims are very religious nor is our religion is our whole life and who they are as a person. Islam is a way of life and a religion not their whole personality. Give them character! They are people and like any other person. We just live our life differently from others in some aspects. Imagine a person. Imagine his/her daily routine , job, school, friends ect… Now add religion to their lifes.

I guess many of you already know that muslims don’t eat pork. Way of eating:

• 95% of your food should be plant-based.
  • Eat your largest meal at breakfast, a mid-sized lunch, and small dinner.
  • Stop eating when you’re 80% full.
  • If you need to snack, make it a piece of fruit or handful of nuts.
  • Cook most of your meals at home and eat with friends and family as much as possible.
  • It is good to fast on the months first days.
  1. We aren’t supposed to date but some of muslims do. If you want your characters to have a lover, then by all means go ahead. But make sure they are not to touchy, that goes to my next point–
  2. We are not to show public affection with a lover unless we are married. If we are, we can kiss on the cheek or lips and hold hands but nothing to much after that point.
  3. No committing adultery: no alcohol + no sex before marriage, etc.
  4. No tattoos, no plucking eyebrows or filing teeth to beautify oneself because we humans are already beautiful , the most beautiful creation.
  5. We read the Qu’ran and we can read the bible too. Our main text is the Qu’ran though, so don’t take the bible part too far.
  6. Muslims should be thankful in good situations and in bad situations as well. (We say Alhamdulillah which means praise be to God or Thank God) They should be patient and strive for the best.

Alright now for the clothing part.

Muslims should wear modest clothes , including males and females. By modest I mean comfortable clothes that cover parts of the body except for the necessary body parts. Some people see it as oppression and brainwashing but we muslims see it differently. We see it as freedom .
Muslims can wear modest clothes and look beautiful in the same time. But without showing body curves . For example some girls wear head scarf but they wear tight clothes , that is not the proper way to dress as a religious muslim.

Also For Muslim women, we aren’t forced to wear the Hijab. However, it states in the Qu’ran:

Tell the believing men that they shall subdue their eyes (and not stare at the women), and to maintain their chastity. This is purer for them. God is fully Cognizant of everything they do.
And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is necessary. They shall cover their chests, and shall not relax this code in the presence of other than their husbands, their fathers, the fathers of their husbands, their sons, the sons of their husbands, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their. They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to God, O you believers, that you may succeed. (24:30-31) *

Therefore, saying a Hijab is a choice but we must dress modestly. There are some Muslims that go against the rule but please don’t make most of your Muslims characters do that. And don’t make them wear revealing clothing with a Hijab. With the Hijab, we are supposed to dress modestly, not revealing. Headwraps have the same rule, if you are Muslim. It matters by the wrapping style because some you have to dress modestly for. Some Muslims wear headwraps, so if you make us wear it, that’s fine. And make sure that you know not all Muslims wear the Hijab and people who wear the Hijab aren’t automatically Muslim.

I took this from How-To Guide on: How to Make and Add Muslim Characters

Look at this :

Clothing Representation on Muslims Episode Fan Community

Also look at this IG https://www.instagram.com/atalaraleyna/
(Personally I love her style )

Muslims are obligated to care for themselves as well. They should not suicide that is forbidden and a great crime againist oneself.

On sexuality and orientation.
You said that your character would be lesbian. Muslims argue whether it is forbidden to be gay or not . I read about an Imam who opened a gay mosque . So I’m confused at this part.
I found this text that I agree with
http://homosexuels-musulmans.org/homosexuality-is-not-a-sin-perversion-according-to-islam.html
We accept muslims with different sexualities and orientations. (But some of us don’t.)
I feel that this character will be judged a lot by others but also supported :slight_smile:This depends if she is openly a lesbian or not.

I probably forgot to mention many things . But if you have questions ask me . I will be glad to give some answers.

1 Like

Sydney really did not. :roll_eyes:

Homosexuality is not a crime to us, yes. Although, some of us in the Mosque don’t agree with it, we respect it no matter what because we know some of our brothers and sisters in the Mosque are apart of it. We differ from it but all together, they are still part of our community and we need to treat them just like any other person.

7 Likes

Yes indeed

1 Like

Now everything is ruined. That’s perfect. It wasn’t supposed to mix. Now it’s just a mess.

2 Likes

what wasn’t supposed to mix?

1 Like

The threads. I didn’t want it to be morphed together.

1 Like

I have read a story once.

There were two neighbors, one was living his life as a true muslim. He did everything he was supposed to.
The other was muslim too, but he didn’t take it as serious as him.
He judged him every day, told him that he was a bad muslim.

When the day of judgement came, Allah (swt) forgave the neighbor and send him to Djannah, but he did not forgive the judging neighbor. Because only Allah (swt) is the one who can judge, if someone is a good muslim or not.

9 Likes

:clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5:

2 Likes

Just wondering, are there any Muslim sayings/blessings which wish for well-being or safety? And can they be said to/about non-Muslims?

Here’s a website with Muslims sayings: http://arabic.speak7.com/islamic_expressions.htm
And yes, they can be said to Non-Muslims.

3 Likes

Thank you, Shadow!

2 Likes

I actually never liked living in this country I am (Iran)
They all just lie about being a muslim country while doing none of the things Quaran’s said!
My point is, just be whoever you like, whether it’s a muslim or not

4 Likes