How-To Guide: Making and Adding Muslim Characters

Do you wear a Hijab or something like a head-wrap?

1 Like

No I don’t, I use to however my journey with Allah is very confusing for me. Inshallah I’ll not loose my faith. :heart:

3 Likes

Fantastic! Love these clothing combos!

3 Likes

Thank you. I try to make modest outfits like this all the time. It’s just Limelight’s clothing options are so limited. Along with some of Ink’s. We need more clothing like that honestly.

2 Likes

I agree! Would love to see some more cute modest clothing for everybody to use :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is an Episode-related topic. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

Ah, thanks for this. I didn’t know this at all and I’m glad you posted this thread.
I do have a question though. If you’re wearing a hijab, do you then have to wear long sleeve shirts and skirts or can you wear short sleeve ones with jeans or something?

1 Like

Yes, you can wear a Hijab and wear a short sleeve shirt. It can be up to the elbows too. I see some Muslims with Hijabs on wear short sleeves. It’s allowed.

2 Likes

what are the names to the clothes for the fourth to last one

What do you mean? The names of each clothing piece I used to make the outfits?

yes, sorry if it was confusing, I didn’t know how to word it well :joy:

Okay, thanks.
But am I correct in assuming that you wouldn’t be allowed to wear a tank top with like booty shorts or something?

1 Like

Yes, you are correct. We are supposed to dress modestly

2 Likes

Ah okay.
Well thanks. I’ll take this all into mind when portraying a Muslim character.

1 Like

Yes I think this is totally true, it’s what you are comfortable in… and if you don’t want to cover your arms up you don’t have to :blush: Some people or Muslims may disagree with you and me, and some may disagree towards wearin* a head scarf or whatever you wear… but as long as you are comfortable and happy that’s all that matters!

No, it’s fine. Here it is:

(Sorry it took so long. And they may not be in order.)

Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Those who want to know more about Islam, and want to know the appropriate way to represent a Muslim in your story, is that all of us have different journeys and perspectives when it comes to God/Allah, although all of us have the same infinite love for our God, it doesn’t go to say that all of us will practise the religion. It depends on YOUR character, you choose how to represent your character, because like I said everyone has a journey. At the end of the day, not all Muslims wear hijabs, and pray 5 times a day. For example, my life has been a huge car crash, I’ve lost so much family members and friends, which made me question my faith in Allah, but never my love. I stopped wearing my hijab, as I decided it wasn’t for me, however I’ll continue to pray and love my God till the day I die. God to me, is a path for hope, redemption and a goal for me, however that may differ to a lot of other people. :heart:

10 Likes

I agree - Muslims are such a mixed bag of people and there’s people all around the world of different races and cultures which can influence clothing. Personally, I cover my legs at all times & find wearing short sleeve shirts so so uncomfortable but I am just one person! I love wearing mid-sleeve tops and dresses. Hell, you can catch me wearing a bodycon dress and at times a mascot outfit (okay, the last one is a lie but you get the idea :laughing:)!

So again, am so so glad you made this thread showing off the diverse fashion choices we have! :heart:

8 Likes

I don’t understand why it’s so hard to add Muslims into stories. People make it seem like you need to have a second thought when adding a Muslim. Like, when they ask you for characters once you tell them you are Muslim or just want to wear modest, they make it seem like it’s so hard to do. If you are a Muslim or wanted to wear non-revealing clothing and wanted to play the part of a cheerleader, basketball player, etc. people say that “the outfit involves revealing clothing so I can’t add you in.” Are you kidding me?! Do you know how many Muslims athletes wear modest clothing?! That’s no excuse whatsoever. And when you do tell them you are Muslim, they show you an outfit that is revealing and that gets me pissed off. You could have ASKED if we wanted to wear it or not instead of assuming. Let me show you guys a good example of how to do this: When I gave @Skyzor my details and when I told them I wanted to wear modest clothing they SHOWED me the option of the outfit and told me “Naturally, your input is very important with your character. But I would like it if she dressed for the role. Your call in the end.” They were being polite and admitted that it was my character that you were using and it’s my choice of what I want them to wear. They were being a perfect example of how to correctly ask and put your input in as well. I really thank them for it. In the future, please be aware of a characters choice of who they are, what they want to be, and what they want to wear. Thank you. :peace_symbol:

7 Likes