How to have transition fade into a scene with a character already there?

I want to start a scene with a “@transition fade in white”, but I want the character to be there first. The transition works, but I want my character there in frame and doing an animation right after the transition. When I put the transition command in the beginning, there’s a split second where the character isn’t there, then boom, the character is in the scene and doing the animation. How do I get rid of the split second between the command and the start of the character placement and animation? Here’s the code:

INT. WEDDINGDRESSINGROOM
@cut to zone 2
@zoom on 516 345 to 916% in 0
@LUCY changes into lucywedding
@LUCY spot 0.731 200 226 in zone 2
@LUCY faces left
@LUCY is cry_sob_sad_loop

Where do I put the command “@transition fade in white” so there isn’t a split second between there not being a character there and them being there? Thanks!

1 Like

You can write :point_down:t3:

INT. WEDDINGDRESSINGROOM
@transition fade in white
@cut to zone 2
&zoom on 516 345 to 916% in 0
@LUCY changes I to lucywedding
&LUCY faces left and LUCY spot 0.731 200 226 in zone 2 and LUCY is cry_sob_sad_loop

Use the & sign for placing the character and add the transition after placing them. FYI, you can combine the character commands on one line

INT. WEDDINGDRESSINGROOM
@cut to zone 2
@zoom on 516 345 to 916% in 0
@LUCY changes into lucywedding
&LUCY spot 0.731 200 226 in zone 2 and LUCY faces left and LUCY is cry_sob_sad_loop
@transition fade in white

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.