How to keep your progress in different devices (Ibis Paint X)

Hey guys!
So, I got a new phone because the last one didn’t work anymore and now I don’t know how to get my progress from the old phone.
The app is Ibis Paint X and if someone has been in the same situation please tell me how did you solve this.
Thanks a lot.
Kisses,
Maria P. Whiberlli

Hey I used to have the same issue but I don’t think you can get your progress back, I just re-downloaded it and started over though you contact support and ask :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really? That a bummer… I had lots of started edits that I can’t finish now.
Still, I’ll wait to see if someone knows how it’s if it’s possible.
Thanks

1 Like

Yeah Ofc np :slight_smile:

Actually, you can! Here’s how you can save/transfer your progress in ibisPaint X.

1. Click on the artwork on your OLD device that you want to save on your new device.
  2. Press the ‘Share’ icon besides the ‘Play video’ button.
  3. Press on ‘Artwork (IPV)’ option.
  4. Send your IPV file to your OWN Gmail address.
  5. Open that SAME Gmail file you sent to yourself in your NEW device.
  6. Tadaa! There you have it! Make sure to install ibisPaint X on your new device before doing all these steps.

Still facing problems? Gmail me at repulsiveplate@gmail.com for help.

2 Likes

So in sum you’d have the art but you can’t transfer it onto the app itself?

I used airdrop and transferred my art from my old IPad to my new 8th gen IPad. I went to Ibispaint click the share button on the artwork you want to continue or share with your other device. Click artwork. Then make sure both devices have Airdrop turned on to “everyone”. Wait until you see your new other device to show up on your old one. Click on it. And wait for it to ask a question about the other device waiting on it to accept it. Click “accept” and it should start to send. It will then say sent.

You can also use dropbox to transfer art. I will post instructions if you or anyone needs it.

1. First go to App Store or Google Play and install the dropbox app. Once it’s done installing, open the app and log in or create a drop box account.

2. Open Ibis Paint/Ibis Paint X and tap on the artwork you want to back up from my gallery

3. Tap the “Share” button and select “Artwork(IPV)” as the file format.

4. Find and tap “Save/Add to Dropbox”

5. Select desired folder in the save destination and tap “Save”. Do this for each artwork you want to back up.

6. Next , make sure to install the dropbox app on the device you are wanting to transfer your artwork to and log in. Afterwards find the artwork you want to restore and tap on it.

7. Then tap on “Open in/with Ibis Paint/Ibis Paint X”

8. Open the Ibis Paint/Ibis Paint X app if it isn’t automatically opened and your artwork should be there.

3 Likes

Oh, that’s awesome! Unfortunately, the old phone is now too far gone and I don’t draw anymore. But thank you so much for the help

Thank you so much. This was very helpful, even tho I kind of don’t need it/ can’t do it anymore. Still, I’m certain others will find this helpful so thanks a lot.

That must be super useful to people with ios devices, thank you