How to let readers top up the points?

Hello dear Episodians,
Can anyone please help me with coding on how to let readers top-up their points?
I mean not just adding some points, literally achieving the highest points possible.
I know we can do it manually with lots of if, elif and else. But what I was wondering is if we can do it with something short or more advanced maybe!
I found this while reading “Beauty Boss” by Marion & Catherine. I had like 10 points less from the max point and they gave me an option to top up my points for some gems. And then it showed I have the max points.
Thank you. :blush:

I think you have the answer yourself. To earn points it can be for gems or for mini-games. If you want them to appear after adding it is something like this which would be the usual:

NARR
You have [(your character numbers go here)]/10 points.

NARR 
Would you like to buy points?
choice 
"Yes, I would like it." {
NARR
How many points would you like to buy?
choice (BUY_POINTS)
<GEMS:5> "Buy 1 point."{
@CHARACTER +1
NARR 
Thank you for your purchase, your point has been added.

} <GEMS:8> "Buy 2 points."{ 
@CHARACTER +2
NARR 
Thank you for your purchase, your points has been added.
}

#And so you continue with the options#

}"No, I'm fine."{
NARR
That's fine. 
}

NARR
Thanks for reading (**or whatever you want to put**)

Or just @CHARACTER =10

And if you want it to be with overlays you have to make your overlays and tappable if you don’t know how to do it one could help you!

2 Likes

You’re going to have to count how many points they could get if they do everything right and write
@CHAR = 10

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

I see! Thank you. :blush:

1 Like

anytime!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.